Cycle speedway: Tough task for Hawks
Hethersett Hawks have had 19 juniors in action already this season, but only three made their way to Kesgrave for the first Regional Round of the Wosskow Brown British Youth & Junior League.
With 61 other riders there, the Hawks were clearly not going to make an impression in the team events.
However, there was a promising performance from Tyler Matthews who has stepped up to U10s racing this season. Despite being weaker from the starts he produced some terrific passing moves before a heavy fall as he took the lead in his third ride. Despite a badly bruised knee he got back out for the restart and almost won on the line. He finished with 11 points and went on to finish third in the Grand Prix B final.
Tiffany Collins eased to 11 points in the girls' 12-17 category and finished second in the final. Oliver Buxton had a good first ride in the u16s before a harsh exclusion as he lost control in his second ride. He was disappointed with his six points tally but rallied to win the C final.
U12 Division: Kesgrave 264 Ipswich 124 North Park 17 Hethersett 11 Norwich 8.
You may also want to watch:
12+ Division: Ipswich 132 Kesgrave 30 North Park 25 Hethersett 17 Colchester 16 Norwich 13.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to market town?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 10 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time