Cycle speedway: Tough task for Hawks
Hethersett Hawks have had 19 juniors in action already this season, but only three made their way to Kesgrave for the first Regional Round of the Wosskow Brown British Youth & Junior League.
With 61 other riders there, the Hawks were clearly not going to make an impression in the team events.
However, there was a promising performance from Tyler Matthews who has stepped up to U10s racing this season. Despite being weaker from the starts he produced some terrific passing moves before a heavy fall as he took the lead in his third ride. Despite a badly bruised knee he got back out for the restart and almost won on the line. He finished with 11 points and went on to finish third in the Grand Prix B final.
Tiffany Collins eased to 11 points in the girls' 12-17 category and finished second in the final. Oliver Buxton had a good first ride in the u16s before a harsh exclusion as he lost control in his second ride. He was disappointed with his six points tally but rallied to win the C final.
U12 Division: Kesgrave 264 Ipswich 124 North Park 17 Hethersett 11 Norwich 8.
You may also want to watch:
12+ Division: Ipswich 132 Kesgrave 30 North Park 25 Hethersett 17 Colchester 16 Norwich 13.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown