Cycle speedway: Tough task for Hawks
Hethersett Hawks have had 19 juniors in action already this season, but only three made their way to Kesgrave for the first Regional Round of the Wosskow Brown British Youth & Junior League.
With 61 other riders there, the Hawks were clearly not going to make an impression in the team events.
However, there was a promising performance from Tyler Matthews who has stepped up to U10s racing this season. Despite being weaker from the starts he produced some terrific passing moves before a heavy fall as he took the lead in his third ride. Despite a badly bruised knee he got back out for the restart and almost won on the line. He finished with 11 points and went on to finish third in the Grand Prix B final.
Tiffany Collins eased to 11 points in the girls' 12-17 category and finished second in the final. Oliver Buxton had a good first ride in the u16s before a harsh exclusion as he lost control in his second ride. He was disappointed with his six points tally but rallied to win the C final.
U12 Division: Kesgrave 264 Ipswich 124 North Park 17 Hethersett 11 Norwich 8.
You may also want to watch:
12+ Division: Ipswich 132 Kesgrave 30 North Park 25 Hethersett 17 Colchester 16 Norwich 13.
- 1 Tudor mansion for sale for £2.5m with link to magical Christmas tale
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 8 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 9 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote