Cycle speedway: Tough task for Hawks
Hethersett Hawks have had 19 juniors in action already this season, but only three made their way to Kesgrave for the first Regional Round of the Wosskow Brown British Youth & Junior League.
With 61 other riders there, the Hawks were clearly not going to make an impression in the team events.
However, there was a promising performance from Tyler Matthews who has stepped up to U10s racing this season. Despite being weaker from the starts he produced some terrific passing moves before a heavy fall as he took the lead in his third ride. Despite a badly bruised knee he got back out for the restart and almost won on the line. He finished with 11 points and went on to finish third in the Grand Prix B final.
Tiffany Collins eased to 11 points in the girls' 12-17 category and finished second in the final. Oliver Buxton had a good first ride in the u16s before a harsh exclusion as he lost control in his second ride. He was disappointed with his six points tally but rallied to win the C final.
U12 Division: Kesgrave 264 Ipswich 124 North Park 17 Hethersett 11 Norwich 8.
You may also want to watch:
12+ Division: Ipswich 132 Kesgrave 30 North Park 25 Hethersett 17 Colchester 16 Norwich 13.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 5 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?