Cup win for Connaught
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had another intense week – highlighted by a Bales Cup win for the men's side and two close matches for the ladies' team against Wymondham Dell.
In the Bales Cup, second round, Connaught won 55-54 at home to Dickleburgh, a result determined by the last two woods of the match. P Castle 17-20, J Ross 16-17, W Adcock 22-17. Bill Adcock's four had a good win and a precision draw to a long jack by Paddy Castle the win.
In the EBA County League South Two, Connaught A won 70-54 and 4-1 at home to Norfolk County Council. P Castle 21-22, W Adcock 26-14, J Ross 23-18. Also in South Two Connaught B lost 48-59 and 1-4 at Gissing B. G Randle 20-20, G Sheridan 14-20, S Groom 14-19.
Connaught Ladies lost in the Top Club at Wymondham Dell, winning two of the four disciplines but going down on overall shots 70-78. Singles (Sylvia Parsons) 21-10, Pairs 17-32, Triples 14-19, Fours 18-17.
The sides met two days later at Connaught in the Breckland League, with Connaught Ladies winning 66-55 on shots and drawing 4-4 on points. S Parsons 33-8, S Bragg 18-20, A Rush 15-27.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One Connaught D beat Mundford A at home by 64-33 and 8-0. Also in Division One Connaught A won at Swaffham but in Division Three Connaught B lost at home to Wymondham Dell A.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?