Cup win for Connaught
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, had another intense week – highlighted by a Bales Cup win for the men's side and two close matches for the ladies' team against Wymondham Dell.
In the Bales Cup, second round, Connaught won 55-54 at home to Dickleburgh, a result determined by the last two woods of the match. P Castle 17-20, J Ross 16-17, W Adcock 22-17. Bill Adcock's four had a good win and a precision draw to a long jack by Paddy Castle the win.
In the EBA County League South Two, Connaught A won 70-54 and 4-1 at home to Norfolk County Council. P Castle 21-22, W Adcock 26-14, J Ross 23-18. Also in South Two Connaught B lost 48-59 and 1-4 at Gissing B. G Randle 20-20, G Sheridan 14-20, S Groom 14-19.
Connaught Ladies lost in the Top Club at Wymondham Dell, winning two of the four disciplines but going down on overall shots 70-78. Singles (Sylvia Parsons) 21-10, Pairs 17-32, Triples 14-19, Fours 18-17.
The sides met two days later at Connaught in the Breckland League, with Connaught Ladies winning 66-55 on shots and drawing 4-4 on points. S Parsons 33-8, S Bragg 18-20, A Rush 15-27.
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One Connaught D beat Mundford A at home by 64-33 and 8-0. Also in Division One Connaught A won at Swaffham but in Division Three Connaught B lost at home to Wymondham Dell A.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 10 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM