County success for Wymondham runners
Wymondham Athletics Club runners had a successful day at the Norfolk County 10k Championship held on rural roads around Coltishall.First home for WAC was Richard White.
Wymondham Athletics Club runners had a successful day at the Norfolk County 10k Championship held on rural roads around Coltishall.
First home for WAC was Richard White. Determined not to be beaten by club member Andrew Preston, it came to an exciting sprint finish between them, finishing in 37:56 and 37:58 respectively.
Together with Eddie Greenland (42:49) and Gerry Watson (43:23) they scooped medals for third Vets team in the championship.
Mark Bagley, the only senior runner amongst the WAC men, finished in 46:29 followed by Mike Smith in 49:15.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Ewin, Ron Marsh and Robert Scarfe helped each other along the course, finishing closely bunched in 51:45, 51:48 and 51:56.
Ewin managed to reduce his previous best time by an impressive 1 minute 45 seconds. Louis Cooper ran well, finishing in 54:23.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
Sharon Hurren led the WAC ladies home in 43:54.
This was a personal best time for her and placed her second in the senior ladies' category.
Two individual prizes went to Jenny Christian who was first W50 in the open race and in the county championship with a time of 44:56.
Kim Reader, reached the finish
line in a time of 46:06, which was a personal best time over
A further county medal went to Tracy Stevens. Her time of 47:13 put her third in the W40 category.
Wymondham ladies were placed well up in the field but with only two runners each in the senior and
veteran category they missed out on the open team trophies and team championship medals.