County success for Wymondham runners
Wymondham Athletics Club runners had a successful day at the Norfolk County 10k Championship held on rural roads around Coltishall.First home for WAC was Richard White.
Wymondham Athletics Club runners had a successful day at the Norfolk County 10k Championship held on rural roads around Coltishall.
First home for WAC was Richard White. Determined not to be beaten by club member Andrew Preston, it came to an exciting sprint finish between them, finishing in 37:56 and 37:58 respectively.
Together with Eddie Greenland (42:49) and Gerry Watson (43:23) they scooped medals for third Vets team in the championship.
Mark Bagley, the only senior runner amongst the WAC men, finished in 46:29 followed by Mike Smith in 49:15.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Ewin, Ron Marsh and Robert Scarfe helped each other along the course, finishing closely bunched in 51:45, 51:48 and 51:56.
Ewin managed to reduce his previous best time by an impressive 1 minute 45 seconds. Louis Cooper ran well, finishing in 54:23.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 5 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
Sharon Hurren led the WAC ladies home in 43:54.
This was a personal best time for her and placed her second in the senior ladies' category.
Two individual prizes went to Jenny Christian who was first W50 in the open race and in the county championship with a time of 44:56.
Kim Reader, reached the finish
line in a time of 46:06, which was a personal best time over
A further county medal went to Tracy Stevens. Her time of 47:13 put her third in the W40 category.
Wymondham ladies were placed well up in the field but with only two runners each in the senior and
veteran category they missed out on the open team trophies and team championship medals.