County medals for runners
Wymondham Athletics Club runners won county medals at the weekend.The fine weather conditions on Sunday were ideal race conditions for the Frettenham 10k.
Wymondham Athletics Club runners won county medals at the weekend.
The fine weather conditions on Sunday were ideal race conditions for the Frettenham 10k.
It was a two-lap predominantly flat course through rural Norfolk, and 14 club runners from Wymondham AC attended this event and came away with six county medals as well as some good times and event medals.
For the ladies, Sharon Hurren was first home for Wymondham and taking a prize for first senior lady, then came Jenny Christian awarded with her age group prize and a county championship gold, followed by Kim Reader with a personal best for the distance, and completing the quartet Tracey Stevens rewarded for her efforts with a bronze county championship medal.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's race, a pacing partnership formed between Richard White and Andrew Preston working their efforts producing finishing places of 10th and 11th overall. Ed Greenland who admitted to feeling a bit off form on the day was next in followed by Gerry Watson, the four taking a bronze county championship team prize.
Both Mark Bagley and Mike Smith ran consistently during the race, a trio of Robert Ewin, Ron Marsh and Rob Scarf crossed the finish line within three seconds of each other, Louis Cooper running a steady pace and finishing well.
- 1 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 2 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 6 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 A11 lane reopens after Thickthorn crash
Results: Sharon Hurren 43:53, Jenny Christian 44:56, Kim Reader 46:06, Tracey Steven 47:13
Richard White 37:56, Andrew Preston 37:58, Ed Greenland 42:49, Gerry Watson 43:34, Mark Bagley 46:29, Mike Smith 49:15, Robert Ewin 51:45, Ron Marsh 51:48, Rob Scarf 51:48, Louis Cooper 54:23