County battling and Anne's golds
Two hundred runners gathered at Frettenham for the Norfolk County 10k Championship with eleven Wymondham AC members amongst them.A two-loop course on quiet country lanes produced some good times.
Two hundred runners gathered at Frettenham for the Norfolk County 10k Championship with eleven Wymondham AC members amongst them.
A two-loop course on quiet country lanes produced some good times. Paul Higham (NRR) cruised to a comfortable win in 34.22. First lady home was Olivia Walwyn (CONAC) in an impressive 35:53.
An excellent run by Wymondham's Phil Waity placed him 10th overall in a time of 37.31. Andy Preston, continuing his good form, followed in 38:14. Graham Coleman, the only WAC member who managed to run a personal best time, reached the finish line in 45:45.
Wymondham was well represented in the M60 age group with Mike Smith (H) finishing in 48:54, Mike Smith (W) in 50:51, Rob Ewen in 52:03 and Ron Marsh in 52:39.
Returning to fitness, Tanya Crofts was leading the WAC women home in 43.57 followed by Jenny Christian in 45.32. Jenny was the only WAC member who walked off with an individual prize and a County Championship medal comfortably winning the W50 category. Juliet Cox produced a solid performance finishing in 46.50, with WAC's final runner, Wendy Larke reaching the line in 68:46.
On the same weekend Wymondham's star performer Anne Martin travelled to Lee Valley to take part in the British Masters' Indoor Championship.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Person released from car and road closed after two-vehicle crash
Anne, competing in four events over the two day championship, dominated the W70 age group and returned with three golds and one silver. Long jump 3.08 (1st), triple jump 6.36 (1st), shot 7.00 (1st), hammer 18.44 (2nd).