Cossey and Morgan claim titles for Hethersett on home soil
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett Hawks/Myhill Decorators staged round seven of the South East & Eastern Grand Prix.
A total of 41 riders took to a near perfect track on a fine afternoon and there was some excellent racing.
Suffolk riders dominated the younger age groups as usual with wins for Luca Woodhouse (Kesgrave Under-8), Charlie Parr (Kesgrave Under-10), Noah Woodhouse (Kesgrave Under-12), Lewis Brinkhoff (Kesgrave Under-14) and Reece Johnson (Ipswich Under-18). Home rider Owen Wells took third place in the Under-18s nursing a broken thumb.
Home riders made a big impact in the seniors' and veterans' competitions.
Leigh Cossey, Harley Hamill and Danny Machin took first, second and fourth in the seniors while Glyn Morgan held off stiff challenges to win the veterans.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Daniel Longlands won the Hethersett Under-16 title with a maximum in midweek.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure