Cossey and Morgan claim titles for Hethersett on home soil
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett Hawks/Myhill Decorators staged round seven of the South East & Eastern Grand Prix.
A total of 41 riders took to a near perfect track on a fine afternoon and there was some excellent racing.
Suffolk riders dominated the younger age groups as usual with wins for Luca Woodhouse (Kesgrave Under-8), Charlie Parr (Kesgrave Under-10), Noah Woodhouse (Kesgrave Under-12), Lewis Brinkhoff (Kesgrave Under-14) and Reece Johnson (Ipswich Under-18). Home rider Owen Wells took third place in the Under-18s nursing a broken thumb.
Home riders made a big impact in the seniors' and veterans' competitions.
Leigh Cossey, Harley Hamill and Danny Machin took first, second and fourth in the seniors while Glyn Morgan held off stiff challenges to win the veterans.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Daniel Longlands won the Hethersett Under-16 title with a maximum in midweek.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night