Cossey and Morgan claim titles for Hethersett on home soil
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett Hawks/Myhill Decorators staged round seven of the South East & Eastern Grand Prix.
A total of 41 riders took to a near perfect track on a fine afternoon and there was some excellent racing.
Suffolk riders dominated the younger age groups as usual with wins for Luca Woodhouse (Kesgrave Under-8), Charlie Parr (Kesgrave Under-10), Noah Woodhouse (Kesgrave Under-12), Lewis Brinkhoff (Kesgrave Under-14) and Reece Johnson (Ipswich Under-18). Home rider Owen Wells took third place in the Under-18s nursing a broken thumb.
Home riders made a big impact in the seniors' and veterans' competitions.
Leigh Cossey, Harley Hamill and Danny Machin took first, second and fourth in the seniors while Glyn Morgan held off stiff challenges to win the veterans.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Daniel Longlands won the Hethersett Under-16 title with a maximum in midweek.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 7 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 8 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 9 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show