Wymondham club using virtual event to help keep their members active during coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A running club has adopted a novel way of keeping their members competitive during the coronavirus pandemic.
After being unable to stage the Ed Burton 5 Mile Series due to the COVID-19 outbreak Wymondham AC have decided to make it a virtual event using social media network, Strava.
Wymondham AC runners must establish a ‘base time’ along the route which starts at Wymondham Abbey Station and finishes in Lady Lane before the end of March and they will then have the whole of April to improve their time. Rules are yet to be fully finalised but the aim is for each runner to improve their time by as much as possible. However, Wymondham members have been warned that establishing a slow ‘base time’ will be spotted.
Weekly results will be published along with a league table at the end of April.
How is your sport club keeping active? What sports are you still doing despite the coronavirus outbreak?
You may also want to watch:
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 8 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 9 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11