Wymondham 20 cancelled due to the coronavirus
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
The Wymondham 20 race has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers at Wymondham AC announced their decision on Tuesday morning that after the government’s latest announcement they have no option but to cancel the event, which was scheduled for Sunday, March 29.
A decision over if the event can be re-scheduled later this year will be made at the end of May, possibly for runners in preparation for other postponed major events like the London and Manchester marathons.
Race director Katie Whitmore said: “We can confirm now that you will be able to carry your entry over to the next running of this event, whether it is later in 2020 or in spring 2021.
“You will also be able to transfer your entry to another runner, whether or not the race sells out. If you don’t want to take up either of these options, we will be happy to refund your entry fee.
You may also want to watch:
“Please email us at email@example.com if you would like a refund. Thank you for your understanding.”
- 1 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 5 Norwich teacher questions home secretary over Covid policy in schools
- 6 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 7 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
- 8 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM