Wymondham 20 cancelled due to the coronavirus
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
The Wymondham 20 race has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers at Wymondham AC announced their decision on Tuesday morning that after the government’s latest announcement they have no option but to cancel the event, which was scheduled for Sunday, March 29.
A decision over if the event can be re-scheduled later this year will be made at the end of May, possibly for runners in preparation for other postponed major events like the London and Manchester marathons.
Race director Katie Whitmore said: “We can confirm now that you will be able to carry your entry over to the next running of this event, whether it is later in 2020 or in spring 2021.
“You will also be able to transfer your entry to another runner, whether or not the race sells out. If you don’t want to take up either of these options, we will be happy to refund your entry fee.
You may also want to watch:
“Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a refund. Thank you for your understanding.”
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 4 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 5 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 6 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 8 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould