Wymondham 20 cancelled due to the coronavirus
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
The Wymondham 20 race has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers at Wymondham AC announced their decision on Tuesday morning that after the government’s latest announcement they have no option but to cancel the event, which was scheduled for Sunday, March 29.
A decision over if the event can be re-scheduled later this year will be made at the end of May, possibly for runners in preparation for other postponed major events like the London and Manchester marathons.
Race director Katie Whitmore said: “We can confirm now that you will be able to carry your entry over to the next running of this event, whether it is later in 2020 or in spring 2021.
“You will also be able to transfer your entry to another runner, whether or not the race sells out. If you don’t want to take up either of these options, we will be happy to refund your entry fee.
You may also want to watch:
“Please email us at email@example.com if you would like a refund. Thank you for your understanding.”
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 8 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 9 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11