Controversial goal sees Rooks lose
Wymondham Town 0, Hindringham 1WYMONDHAM, who this week visit Poringland, were looking to avenge an earlier defeat by Hindringham. The opening stages were largely dominated by the visitors with some attractive football.
Wymondham Town 0, Hindringham 1
WYMONDHAM, who this week visit Poringland, were looking to avenge an earlier defeat by Hindringham.
The opening stages were largely dominated by the visitors with some attractive football.
Their best chance came when Williamson had forced his player wide but the lively Gray crossed to the on-rushing player who shot wide of an empty goal.
You may also want to watch:
Town were relying too heavily on the long ball but from one such occasion, McCloy went through but fluffed his shot. Etheridge was in commanding form at the back but the defence was being left exposed.
Plumstead and Cracknell huffed and puffed in centre midfield but too often were left short of options so were forced into the longer ball. Just before the break Rackham's mis-hit cross clipped the top of the bar.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 4 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 5 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 6 'It's a big loss' - Town's business owners react after Lloyds announces closure
- 7 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 8 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
Town were pleased to come in at the break all level because Hindringham had largely dominated. The second half was much more even but too many Town players went missing.
On one such occasion a cross came in and Pask lost his marker to head across keeper Hodges.
Hodges could not hold it and the ball trickled toward the line until Williamson had seemingly made an excellent clearance, but a goal was controversially allowed.
Town responded and both Ramsbottom and Fox were introduced. Both players had excellent opportunities but were denied by fine saves from Hill.
The last opportunity fell to MoM Etheridge but it was on his left, as opposed to his deadly right. Maybe a point would have been fair but
no-one could question the dominance of the visitors in the first half, Hindringham were impressive.
MoM: Etheridge, defended well.
Wymondham 2, Bungay 2
Wymondham drew with Bungay Town the previous weekend.
The Rooks sneaked into a lead following a Rackham corner. Etheridge caused confusion in the Bungay six-yard box, resulting in a visiting player's own goal.
Early in the second half a Bungay player was sent off for a kick-out on Hut but then a Town player netted an own goal.
Town's Priest put a corner across, MoM Sharp rose well to loop a header home. Bungay equalised in injury time.