Connaught Ladies in double joy
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, saw their ladies' team take the main plaudits with wins against Thetford in the Breckland League and against North Walsham in the Webb Cup.
In the Bales Cup, third round, Connaught's men saw a good run come to an end by 43-64 away to the strong Gissing side. W Adcock 12-22, P Castle 19-22 , J Ross 12-20.
In the County League, South Two, Connaught Men's A won 61-46 and 4-1 at Diss B. W Adcock 15-16, O Secker 27-12, J Ross 19-18.
Meanwhile, Connaught Men's B lost 53-57 and 1-4 at home to Shotford. G Sheridan 24-21, K Lurcock 16-21, G Randle 13-15. Shots lost over the last few ends saw a likely notable victory turned into defeat.
Connaught Ladies won their third round Webb Cup match by beating North Walshan 40-36. Carole Beavers skipped the home four to a 22-19 win after they had been 1-10 down. The away four, skipped by Sheila Bragg, won by 18-17 after recovering from 11-17 down. The Connaught fours showed a telling ability to bowl well in very wet conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Connaught Ladies followed their cup win by beating league leaders, Thetford, 71-44 and 6-2 at home in the Breckland League. S Parsons 28-10, C Beavers 20-21, S Bragg 23-13.
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One Connaught A lost 49-51 and 2-6 at Watton A. Also in Division One, Connaught D lost 52-53 and 3-5 at home to Ashill A. In Division Four Connaught C won 57-42 and 6-2 at home to Dereham St Nicholas and away to Mundford B won 48-44 on shots (4-4 on points).
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
On Sunday, (2pm) Connaught's men take on the Norfolk Presidents in a six-rink match. Spectators welcome.