Connaught Ladies in double joy
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, saw their ladies' team take the main plaudits with wins against Thetford in the Breckland League and against North Walsham in the Webb Cup.
In the Bales Cup, third round, Connaught's men saw a good run come to an end by 43-64 away to the strong Gissing side. W Adcock 12-22, P Castle 19-22 , J Ross 12-20.
In the County League, South Two, Connaught Men's A won 61-46 and 4-1 at Diss B. W Adcock 15-16, O Secker 27-12, J Ross 19-18.
Meanwhile, Connaught Men's B lost 53-57 and 1-4 at home to Shotford. G Sheridan 24-21, K Lurcock 16-21, G Randle 13-15. Shots lost over the last few ends saw a likely notable victory turned into defeat.
Connaught Ladies won their third round Webb Cup match by beating North Walshan 40-36. Carole Beavers skipped the home four to a 22-19 win after they had been 1-10 down. The away four, skipped by Sheila Bragg, won by 18-17 after recovering from 11-17 down. The Connaught fours showed a telling ability to bowl well in very wet conditions.
Connaught Ladies followed their cup win by beating league leaders, Thetford, 71-44 and 6-2 at home in the Breckland League. S Parsons 28-10, C Beavers 20-21, S Bragg 23-13.
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One Connaught A lost 49-51 and 2-6 at Watton A. Also in Division One, Connaught D lost 52-53 and 3-5 at home to Ashill A. In Division Four Connaught C won 57-42 and 6-2 at home to Dereham St Nicholas and away to Mundford B won 48-44 on shots (4-4 on points).
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Person released from car and road closed after two-vehicle crash
On Sunday, (2pm) Connaught's men take on the Norfolk Presidents in a six-rink match. Spectators welcome.