Connaught in tough battle
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, saw the men's A side lose in the Fermoy Cup and also lose a top-of-the-table clash in the county league.
Connaught A lost to Swardeston by 37-46 in the third round of the Fermoy Cup. The away four, skipped by Bill Adcock, had a superb 24-17 win but were devastated to hear that the home four, skipped by Paddy Castle, had a collective bad night to lose 13-29 to a strong Swardeston.
In the EBA County League, South Two, leaders Connaught A lost at second-placed Scole by 48-57 and 0.5-4.5 in a tough match. J Ross 16-16, W Adcock 15-22, P Castle 17-19.
But Connaught B had an excellent win at home to Wortwell by 64-63 and 4-1. K Lurcock 22-20, G Sheridan 13-25, G Randle 29-18.
Connaught Ladies beat Bradwell in the Webb Cup, the home four skipped by Carole Beavers winning by about 10 shots and the away four skipped by Sheila Bragg losing by just one shot. In the Breckland League, Connaught Ladies had a maximum eight points victory at Mundford, with Carole Beavers, Sheila Bragg and Sylvia Parsons skipping the winning triples.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One, Connaught A drew 50-50 and 4-4 at home to Mundford A. Connaught D lost 45-51 and 3-5 away to Watton A.
In Division Three, Connaught B won 50-42 on shots and drew 4-4 on points at home to Aldiss Park A.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school