Connaught in tough battle
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, saw the men's A side lose in the Fermoy Cup and also lose a top-of-the-table clash in the county league.
Connaught A lost to Swardeston by 37-46 in the third round of the Fermoy Cup. The away four, skipped by Bill Adcock, had a superb 24-17 win but were devastated to hear that the home four, skipped by Paddy Castle, had a collective bad night to lose 13-29 to a strong Swardeston.
In the EBA County League, South Two, leaders Connaught A lost at second-placed Scole by 48-57 and 0.5-4.5 in a tough match. J Ross 16-16, W Adcock 15-22, P Castle 17-19.
But Connaught B had an excellent win at home to Wortwell by 64-63 and 4-1. K Lurcock 22-20, G Sheridan 13-25, G Randle 29-18.
Connaught Ladies beat Bradwell in the Webb Cup, the home four skipped by Carole Beavers winning by about 10 shots and the away four skipped by Sheila Bragg losing by just one shot. In the Breckland League, Connaught Ladies had a maximum eight points victory at Mundford, with Carole Beavers, Sheila Bragg and Sylvia Parsons skipping the winning triples.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League Division One, Connaught A drew 50-50 and 4-4 at home to Mundford A. Connaught D lost 45-51 and 3-5 away to Watton A.
In Division Three, Connaught B won 50-42 on shots and drew 4-4 on points at home to Aldiss Park A.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected