Connaught end on a win
CONNAUGHT short mat teams played two matches as the winter season entered its closing stages.In the Breckland League Connaught A won their last match, away to Harling Rec, by 73-58 and 7-3.
CONNAUGHT short mat teams played two matches as the winter season entered its closing stages.
In the Breckland League Connaught A won their last match, away to Harling Rec, by 73-58 and 7-3. Results (skips' names): S Bragg 18, R Meek 18; W Adcock 14, R Buffery 21; A Stratton 25, R Stevens 7; R Wells 16, B Knappett 12.
There has been a tremendous battle all season for the Breckland League title between Connaught A, Wymondham and Yaxham and the outcome is still to be decided.
Connaught A and Wymondham have completed their programme with 142 and 133 points respectively. Yaxham are second with 135 points and one match to play; they need to win that last match, away to Connaught B, by eight points or more to take the title.
You may also want to watch:
In the Tens League Connaught's mixed-strength side achieved a creditable draw, 56-56 and 1-1, at home to second in the table Hevingham.
Pairs: W Adcock and S Parsons 14-14, G Wilcox and P Hambling 5-21. Triples: R Wells, D Adcock and L Fallows 16-10, A Stratton, M Parsons and R Oatway 21-11.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair