Connaught end on a win
CONNAUGHT short mat teams played two matches as the winter season entered its closing stages.In the Breckland League Connaught A won their last match, away to Harling Rec, by 73-58 and 7-3.
CONNAUGHT short mat teams played two matches as the winter season entered its closing stages.
In the Breckland League Connaught A won their last match, away to Harling Rec, by 73-58 and 7-3. Results (skips' names): S Bragg 18, R Meek 18; W Adcock 14, R Buffery 21; A Stratton 25, R Stevens 7; R Wells 16, B Knappett 12.
There has been a tremendous battle all season for the Breckland League title between Connaught A, Wymondham and Yaxham and the outcome is still to be decided.
Connaught A and Wymondham have completed their programme with 142 and 133 points respectively. Yaxham are second with 135 points and one match to play; they need to win that last match, away to Connaught B, by eight points or more to take the title.
You may also want to watch:
In the Tens League Connaught's mixed-strength side achieved a creditable draw, 56-56 and 1-1, at home to second in the table Hevingham.
Pairs: W Adcock and S Parsons 14-14, G Wilcox and P Hambling 5-21. Triples: R Wells, D Adcock and L Fallows 16-10, A Stratton, M Parsons and R Oatway 21-11.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire