Connaught A hit their cup target
CONNAUGHT A travelled to First Bus in Norwich for the away leg of their Norwich Cup semi-final. Connaught A led 15-9 after the first leg and needed to win five of the remaining 12 x six-end matches to reach an aggregate of 25 points for victory.
CONNAUGHT A travelled to First Bus in Norwich for the away leg of their Norwich Cup semi-final.
Connaught A led 15-9 after the first leg and needed to win five of the remaining 12 x six-end matches to reach an aggregate of 25 points for victory.
Connaught A reached their target after eight matches, more quickly than many had expected.
Results (skips' names): R Wells 3-5 and 10-3, L Fallows 10-1 and 6-1, T Musk 0-10 and 3-12, S Bragg 12-2 and 8-5. Lee Fallows, with Ollie Allen and Bill Adcock, and Sheila Bragg, with Peter Hambling and Gordon Wilcox, played confidently and accurately to win two matches each.
You may also want to watch:
Connaught A did not find the First Bus mats as tricky as had been rumoured and made the necessary good start. They will meet old rivals, Hempnall, in a repeat of the 2006 final.
In an exciting Breckland League top-of-the-table contest Connaught A won 71-60 at home to Yaxham. R Oatway 15-18 v R Harris, R Wells 10-21 v O Secker, S Bragg 19-13 v J Turner and L Fallows 27-8 v D Cross.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 5 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
Connaught A were two matches and 25-39 down at the interval after some excellent Yaxham bowling. Then in a total reversal the last two matches were won with an aggregate score of 46-21.
Lee Fallows played brilliantly to skip Ollie Allen and Bill Adcock to a conclusive win.
On the adjoining mat Sheila Bragg, Peter Hambling and Gordon Wilcox combined very well in a hard-fought win against Yaxham's strongest triple skipped by John Turner.
In a Tens League match Connaught lost 45-57 and 0-3 at home to Kirby Bedon. Pairs: W Adcock 12-11 and G Wilcox 10-21. Triples: L Fallows 12-11 and R Wells 11-14.
Although winning two matches narrowly Connaught did not have the depth on the night to beat the strong Kirby Bedon side.