Busy week for Wymondham
Wymondham Rugby Club start their pre-season programme on Saturday with a friendly fixture against the current Eastern Counties champions Shelford.This will be followed by a fixture on Thursday against the 1st Battalion Royal Anglian Regiment, also known affectionately as The Vikings.
Wymondham Rugby Club start their pre-season programme on Saturday with a friendly fixture against the current Eastern Counties champions Shelford.
This will be followed by a fixture on Thursday against the 1st Battalion Royal Anglian Regiment, also known affectionately as The Vikings.
Finally the club will visit Holt on the following Saturday when it is expected that the 1st XV, 2nd XV and 3rd XV will be playing.
This Saturday's match against Shelford, who are one of the fancied teams to secure promotion to the National League this season, will be a huge challenge for Wymondham given that there are three leagues between the two clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Shelford, coached by Sam Tovo, formerly of Rugby Lions, who has brought Shelford into London 1 by playing some hard, uncompromising rugby.
Despite being “just a friendly” this will be one of Wymondham's toughest tests of the coming season and could give some inkling into how well they will fair in London League Division Four.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
Then on Thursday Wymondham host the Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridge arm of the Royal Anglian Regiment - The Vikings.
The 1st Battalion have embarked on a short tour of the region, also playing Ipswich YMCA on September 2 and North Walsham.
Wymondham are hoping for a big turnout to welcome The Vikings and the club hopes to make a collection on the evening on behalf of the 1st Anglian Memorial fund.
Saturday squad from: Mitchell W, Loades, Brugger, Sheppard, Brand, Peacock, Holt R, Harris N, Kerridge, Summers L, Morfoot (capt), Hickey S, Pritchard, Coller, Nelson, White, Miller, Penny, Elias T, Hickey L, Wells, Wyatt, Barker, Unstead, Harris A, Harris I, Arbon.