Busy time for Wymondham runners
Members of Wymondham AC have had a busy time competing in various events from 5k to half-marathon distance.
The second race of the Runners' Centre Grand Prix for 2011 took place at Swanton Morley over a rural 10k course.
The seven runners competing for Wymondham AC all did well and were rewarded with several trophies.
Leading the Wymondham men home was in-form Richard White.
Disappointed with his second place in the previous event, he made up for it this time comfortably winning the M50 age group in 39:00.
You may also want to watch:
The other WAC runners were Ian Crutchley, Steve Childerhouse and Mike Smith (H) reaching the finish line in 42:09, 43:13 and 50:22 respectively.
Sharon Hurren's time of 42:01 placed her first in the Senior Ladies and together with Samantha Epps and new member Emma Fickling she collected the first senior ladies' team prize.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
Samantha, who was recently awarded the club trophy for dedication and commitment to training, managed to reduce her personal best time by almost five minutes to 47:28. Emma, competing in her first 10k race, finished in a creditable 62:06.
The previous week, Samantha competed in her first half-marathon at Great Bentley finishing in a very respectable 1-48:36. Her father Terry Epps ran 1-32:31 in the same event, comfortably winning the M55 age group.
The weekly 5k Parkrun in Norwich is well supported by WAC members and several of the veteran runners have already made their mark.
Terry Brannan (M65), Rodney Freeburn (M70), Eva Osborne (W70) and Anne Martin (W75) are all holding the course record for their age group.
The annual Wymondham 20 mile road race will take place on Sunday, March 6. For details and entry forms go to wymondhamac.org.uk