Busy time for Wymondham runners
Members of Wymondham AC have had a busy time competing in various events from 5k to half-marathon distance.
The second race of the Runners' Centre Grand Prix for 2011 took place at Swanton Morley over a rural 10k course.
The seven runners competing for Wymondham AC all did well and were rewarded with several trophies.
Leading the Wymondham men home was in-form Richard White.
Disappointed with his second place in the previous event, he made up for it this time comfortably winning the M50 age group in 39:00.
You may also want to watch:
The other WAC runners were Ian Crutchley, Steve Childerhouse and Mike Smith (H) reaching the finish line in 42:09, 43:13 and 50:22 respectively.
Sharon Hurren's time of 42:01 placed her first in the Senior Ladies and together with Samantha Epps and new member Emma Fickling she collected the first senior ladies' team prize.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Samantha, who was recently awarded the club trophy for dedication and commitment to training, managed to reduce her personal best time by almost five minutes to 47:28. Emma, competing in her first 10k race, finished in a creditable 62:06.
The previous week, Samantha competed in her first half-marathon at Great Bentley finishing in a very respectable 1-48:36. Her father Terry Epps ran 1-32:31 in the same event, comfortably winning the M55 age group.
The weekly 5k Parkrun in Norwich is well supported by WAC members and several of the veteran runners have already made their mark.
Terry Brannan (M65), Rodney Freeburn (M70), Eva Osborne (W70) and Anne Martin (W75) are all holding the course record for their age group.
The annual Wymondham 20 mile road race will take place on Sunday, March 6. For details and entry forms go to wymondhamac.org.uk