Bucks put out a call for help
Viv ThomasA YOUTH football club has put out a desperate call for help.New Buckenham Junior FC, which currently caters for around 70 youngsters, needs more players and helpers to keep the club running.Viv Thomas
A YOUTH football club has put out a desperate call for help.
New Buckenham Junior FC, which currently caters for around 70 youngsters, needs more players and helpers to keep the club running.
Committee member Sally Bailey said: 'The football club could be in serious trouble if we do not get some help and support to keep it up and running.
'We lost three teams last year due to lack of children joining which did cause some morale damage, but some of the children stepped up a year to continue playing.'
You may also want to watch:
The club is financially sound as they have sponsors for the next three years but new coaches will be needed next year and more people to help behind the scenes to keep the club going.
She added: 'This is a Charter Standard club and we just want to be able to carry on offering this for our local children. The club's ethos is sportsmanship.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
'We are desperate for year 7 boys as their team moves up to 11-a-side next season and they will struggle if new boys do not come forward.
'In the current climate where people are calling for our children to get outside and excercise more this would be a good opportunity to do just that.
'My role on the commitee is fund raiser and events co-ordinator, but first and foremost I have two boys who play for the club and get so much from doing this. They train evey week and play at the weekends along with their mates.
'This does spur me and the other commitee members who all give up their own valuable time to coach and help run the club as most of us have children who are in teams.
'But we all feel very strongly about this small club that gives great pleasure to so many local children, that we and the kids would be very sad to see it all have to go.'
If you would like to get involved in the New Buckenham set-up as a player or helper call Sally Bailey on 01953 456109 as soon as possible.