Bucks put in a fab display, for no points
Evergreens II 1, Old Buckenham II 2
HOCKEY: Despite travelling to Holt and putting in a fantastic performance Old Buckenham's result will not count this week.
Having beaten the Evergreens already this season Bucks arrived in a confident mood but the failure of Old Buckenhams umpire to arrive at the game saw the points automatically awarded to Evergreens.
Instead of cancelling the game, both teams decided to play the fixture as a friendly. The result was an evenly- matched encounter where both teams were given lots of opportunity to play some excellent hockey. Sophie Rodger, in the Old Buckenham defence, was outstanding, giving very little opportunity for Evergreens to break into the Old Buckenham defensive circle. Vicky Holland and Maddy Anderson both played important roles in the Bucks midfield creating lots of chances and switching the ball well to an on form Siobhan Thompson on the right wing. Susan Lansdell was on target again scoring both of Old Buckenham goals. PoM: Sophie Rodger.
You may also want to watch:
n Old Buckenham are pictured wearing this seasons new kit kindly sponsored by Muscleform performance nutrition (www.muscleform.co.uk). Muscleform are based in Long Stratton and have 30 years' experience manufacturing premium quality nutritional additives.
Back row (from left): Laura Horth, Sophie Rodger, Charlie Pullum, Kimberley Fearn, Dawn Cursons, Victoria Dingle (captain), Vicky Holland, Karen Pigg. Front row L to R: Louise Watson, Susan Lansdell, Alison Clarke, Siobhan Thompson, Maddy Anderson. Team members missing from picture: Donner Anderson, Izzy Holland, Emily Evans, Holley Becker and Chloe Horth.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?