Bucks battle well
IN their last league match of the season Buckenham Ladies II were keen to finish on a high note but lost 1-0 to Harriers.With a solid defence and midfield Buckenham pushed forward and were rewarded with a short corner, however were unable to convert when the Harriers keeper made a brilliant save.
IN their last league match of the season Buckenham Ladies II were keen to finish on a high note but lost 1-0 to Harriers.
With a solid defence and midfield Buckenham pushed forward and were rewarded with a short corner, however were unable to convert when the Harriers keeper made a brilliant save.
The first half remained even with lots of play across the middle of the pitch.
The second half started much the same as the first.
You may also want to watch:
Harriers took advantage early in the half and scored the only goal of this tightly-fought match.
Buckenham's forwards came close to scoring a number of times but were stopped by a keeper on form!
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Player of the match went to Vickie Hicks, another youngster who has improved no end over the season.
With half the team being under 16 and gaining confidence with every match, Buckenham are already looking forward to next season.
The U13 team were invited to take part in a tournament at Watton this weekend.
Again the enthusiasm and keenness of these youngsters is brilliant to see.
They went out for their matches smiling, they all gave 100 per cent unfortunately they didn't win or draw any, until their last match.
With the same energy they had put into all the games it finally worked.
A clearance from a short corner by Laura Horth pushed forward to Siobhan Thompson who knocked on to Louise Watson and she finished with a cracking shot.
A great all-round team effort by goalkeeper Chloe Horth, defence of Laura Horth, Chelsea Young, Charlotte Stimpsom, midfield of Emily Mcharg, Eleanor Townshend, Beth Fearn and forwards Siobhan Thompson, Louise Watson, Abbie Thompson.