Boxing – Attleborough BC win national award
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club has gained more success by being awarded with the National Clubmark accreditation.
Clubmark is the only national cross sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs with junior sections. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
The club has worked hard to be awarded this accreditation which culminated in a Gym Inspection by the Amateur Boxing Association of England. Matthew Williams National Workforce Development Manager for the Amateur Boxing Association of England said that 'Attleborough ABC have shown real commitment in achieving the high standards that Clubmark requires of clubs.
The award of Clubmark accreditation is testament to the commitment of all of the club's coaches and volunteers who work tirelessly to support the ongoing development of their boxers. On behalf of the ABAE I would like to congratulate Attleborough ABC and I'm sure that they will continue to go from strength to strength in 2012 and beyond.'
The Club is now only 1 of 3 sports clubs in the Town of Attleborough which has achieved this accreditation clubs and 1 of 3 Amateur Boxing Clubs in the whole of Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Burton, Chairman of Attleborough Amateur Boxing club, said he was delighted that the club had achieved this accreditation as it showed to the local community that the club followed best practice and maintained high levels at all times particularly in the Junior Section. And a special thanks to Pam Riley & Jon Dennis ( Head Coach ) at the Club for spearheading this initiative.
The club has also just finished a refurbishment of it's Deopham Road Gym with heating and new lighting & ceiling being installed making it a first class indoor sports and leisure facility with an open evening being planned for 1st February for the general public. Further details regarding the award, the refurbishment or open evening can be obtained by contacting Peter Neal on 01953 453644.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 7 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk