Bowls title joy for Wymondham
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club has won its first Breckland Five pairs title after beating Connaught A 38-36 in an exciting final held at Watton. All pairs were closely matched and the result could have gone either way, but Wymondham just edged it.
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club has won its first Breckland Five pairs title after beating Connaught A 38-36 in an exciting final held at Watton.
All pairs were closely matched and the result could have gone either way, but Wymondham just edged it.
Results: S Archer and B Saunders 9, D Adcock and B Adcock 4, S Foster and D Phillips 7, C Musk and S Parsons 8, P Saunders and S Phillips 7, O Allen and L Fallows 8, M Linsdell and P King 6, D Liles and S Bragg 10, M Barker and C Mann 9, M Parsons and R Wells 6.
Earlier in the same week the team again beat Connaught A in an away league match 6-4 (70-58).
You may also want to watch:
This was another first for the club, with triples P Saunders, M Fisher, S Phillips and E Barker, P King, C Mann putting in sizeable wins of 21-10 and 22-13 to take the match with overall shots.
The club's home form is still red hot, as they recorded their fifth straight 10-0 home win, this time against Watton, which now secures Wymondham's first Breckland League title, with Yaxham dropping three points at home to Carleton Rode. The first session was tight, with both triples winning by only one shot.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 4 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 5 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
The second session was more comfortable, with M Linsdell, S Foster and D Phillips cruising to a 27-6 win, while P Saunders, M Fisher and S Phillips also ran out winners 26-8, in what has been a remarkable season for the club.