Bowls title joy for Wymondham
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club has won its first Breckland Five pairs title after beating Connaught A 38-36 in an exciting final held at Watton. All pairs were closely matched and the result could have gone either way, but Wymondham just edged it.
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club has won its first Breckland Five pairs title after beating Connaught A 38-36 in an exciting final held at Watton.
All pairs were closely matched and the result could have gone either way, but Wymondham just edged it.
Results: S Archer and B Saunders 9, D Adcock and B Adcock 4, S Foster and D Phillips 7, C Musk and S Parsons 8, P Saunders and S Phillips 7, O Allen and L Fallows 8, M Linsdell and P King 6, D Liles and S Bragg 10, M Barker and C Mann 9, M Parsons and R Wells 6.
Earlier in the same week the team again beat Connaught A in an away league match 6-4 (70-58).
You may also want to watch:
This was another first for the club, with triples P Saunders, M Fisher, S Phillips and E Barker, P King, C Mann putting in sizeable wins of 21-10 and 22-13 to take the match with overall shots.
The club's home form is still red hot, as they recorded their fifth straight 10-0 home win, this time against Watton, which now secures Wymondham's first Breckland League title, with Yaxham dropping three points at home to Carleton Rode. The first session was tight, with both triples winning by only one shot.
- 1 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Former factory site to become a new church
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 9 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 10 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
The second session was more comfortable, with M Linsdell, S Foster and D Phillips cruising to a 27-6 win, while P Saunders, M Fisher and S Phillips also ran out winners 26-8, in what has been a remarkable season for the club.