Bowls title joy for Wymondham
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club has won its first Breckland Five pairs title after beating Connaught A 38-36 in an exciting final held at Watton. All pairs were closely matched and the result could have gone either way, but Wymondham just edged it.
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club has won its first Breckland Five pairs title after beating Connaught A 38-36 in an exciting final held at Watton.
All pairs were closely matched and the result could have gone either way, but Wymondham just edged it.
Results: S Archer and B Saunders 9, D Adcock and B Adcock 4, S Foster and D Phillips 7, C Musk and S Parsons 8, P Saunders and S Phillips 7, O Allen and L Fallows 8, M Linsdell and P King 6, D Liles and S Bragg 10, M Barker and C Mann 9, M Parsons and R Wells 6.
Earlier in the same week the team again beat Connaught A in an away league match 6-4 (70-58).
You may also want to watch:
This was another first for the club, with triples P Saunders, M Fisher, S Phillips and E Barker, P King, C Mann putting in sizeable wins of 21-10 and 22-13 to take the match with overall shots.
The club's home form is still red hot, as they recorded their fifth straight 10-0 home win, this time against Watton, which now secures Wymondham's first Breckland League title, with Yaxham dropping three points at home to Carleton Rode. The first session was tight, with both triples winning by only one shot.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
The second session was more comfortable, with M Linsdell, S Foster and D Phillips cruising to a 27-6 win, while P Saunders, M Fisher and S Phillips also ran out winners 26-8, in what has been a remarkable season for the club.