Bowls: Hat-trick of title for Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club secured their third successive Breckland League title in row, romping away with it in the last two remaining home matches.
The first match against Connaught B saw R Steele, P King and D Phillips drop just one end as they won 31-3 to contribute to the maximum 10-0 (101-29) win. The second match, at home to Harling, saw a similar outcome with a 10-0 (104-33) win as the youngest club member Abi Jackson with Andrew Jackson and Chris Mann won 31-7.
In the Breckland five pairs tournament Wymondham again came out winners in the final against Watton 48-30, played at Harling.
Melvyn Barker and Chris Mann top-scored with an 11-3 win to see the club win both prizes in the Breckland league, something which they had only previously achieved in 2009-10.
A repeat of last season's County Cup final saw Wymondham push the Bob Carter Centre side all the way at Sprowston as three games were all within five shots – but the outcome did not change as Wymondham lost 0-8 (50-68).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school