Bowls: Hat-trick of title for Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club secured their third successive Breckland League title in row, romping away with it in the last two remaining home matches.
The first match against Connaught B saw R Steele, P King and D Phillips drop just one end as they won 31-3 to contribute to the maximum 10-0 (101-29) win. The second match, at home to Harling, saw a similar outcome with a 10-0 (104-33) win as the youngest club member Abi Jackson with Andrew Jackson and Chris Mann won 31-7.
In the Breckland five pairs tournament Wymondham again came out winners in the final against Watton 48-30, played at Harling.
Melvyn Barker and Chris Mann top-scored with an 11-3 win to see the club win both prizes in the Breckland league, something which they had only previously achieved in 2009-10.
A repeat of last season's County Cup final saw Wymondham push the Bob Carter Centre side all the way at Sprowston as three games were all within five shots – but the outcome did not change as Wymondham lost 0-8 (50-68).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 9 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 10 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'