Bowls: Hat-trick of title for Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club secured their third successive Breckland League title in row, romping away with it in the last two remaining home matches.
The first match against Connaught B saw R Steele, P King and D Phillips drop just one end as they won 31-3 to contribute to the maximum 10-0 (101-29) win. The second match, at home to Harling, saw a similar outcome with a 10-0 (104-33) win as the youngest club member Abi Jackson with Andrew Jackson and Chris Mann won 31-7.
In the Breckland five pairs tournament Wymondham again came out winners in the final against Watton 48-30, played at Harling.
Melvyn Barker and Chris Mann top-scored with an 11-3 win to see the club win both prizes in the Breckland league, something which they had only previously achieved in 2009-10.
A repeat of last season's County Cup final saw Wymondham push the Bob Carter Centre side all the way at Sprowston as three games were all within five shots – but the outcome did not change as Wymondham lost 0-8 (50-68).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tudor mansion for sale for £2.5m with link to magical Christmas tale
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 8 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 9 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable
- 10 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed