Bowls: Hat-trick of title for Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club secured their third successive Breckland League title in row, romping away with it in the last two remaining home matches.
The first match against Connaught B saw R Steele, P King and D Phillips drop just one end as they won 31-3 to contribute to the maximum 10-0 (101-29) win. The second match, at home to Harling, saw a similar outcome with a 10-0 (104-33) win as the youngest club member Abi Jackson with Andrew Jackson and Chris Mann won 31-7.
In the Breckland five pairs tournament Wymondham again came out winners in the final against Watton 48-30, played at Harling.
Melvyn Barker and Chris Mann top-scored with an 11-3 win to see the club win both prizes in the Breckland league, something which they had only previously achieved in 2009-10.
A repeat of last season's County Cup final saw Wymondham push the Bob Carter Centre side all the way at Sprowston as three games were all within five shots – but the outcome did not change as Wymondham lost 0-8 (50-68).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters