Bowls – Connaught A in Norwich Cup final
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, saw their A side reach the final of short mat's Norwich Cup for the second year running – and the fourth time in six years.
Connaught had won the first leg of their semi-final at Sprowston by 17-7 (56-53 on shots) and the next evening completed the task by winning five out of the six matches played for a points score of 10-2 (45-19 on shots).
With an overall aggregate of 27-9 (shots 101-72) against a good side Connaught A by some distance gave their best team performance of the season. They will meet either Coltishall or Forncett in the final.
Connaught A then immediately travelled to Harling Rec for a Breckland League match which they won by 74-54 and 6-4. S Parsons 11-14, W Adcock 12-20, S Bragg 23-12, O Secker 28-8.
Two fairly narrow defeats before the interval gave the Attleborough side a bad start, but strength in depth pulled them through. Even so Sheila Bragg's triple were 6-11 down after nine ends, but won heavily after changing playing order. Owen Secker, ably supported by Rita Secker and Ty Musk, played superbly.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Breckland League Connaught B lost 39-72 and 0-10 at Carleton Rode. A Rush 8-23, G Li-Rocchi 7-17, K Lurcock 12-17, A Marshall 12-15.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 9 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney