Bowls – Connaught A in Norwich Cup final
Connaught Bowls Club, Attleborough, saw their A side reach the final of short mat's Norwich Cup for the second year running – and the fourth time in six years.
Connaught had won the first leg of their semi-final at Sprowston by 17-7 (56-53 on shots) and the next evening completed the task by winning five out of the six matches played for a points score of 10-2 (45-19 on shots).
With an overall aggregate of 27-9 (shots 101-72) against a good side Connaught A by some distance gave their best team performance of the season. They will meet either Coltishall or Forncett in the final.
Connaught A then immediately travelled to Harling Rec for a Breckland League match which they won by 74-54 and 6-4. S Parsons 11-14, W Adcock 12-20, S Bragg 23-12, O Secker 28-8.
Two fairly narrow defeats before the interval gave the Attleborough side a bad start, but strength in depth pulled them through. Even so Sheila Bragg's triple were 6-11 down after nine ends, but won heavily after changing playing order. Owen Secker, ably supported by Rita Secker and Ty Musk, played superbly.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Breckland League Connaught B lost 39-72 and 0-10 at Carleton Rode. A Rush 8-23, G Li-Rocchi 7-17, K Lurcock 12-17, A Marshall 12-15.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation