Boro show great spirit
Attleborough Town drew 1-1 with visitors Mattishall.With 11 players injured, suspended or unavailable for other reasons, in came Matty Wright and manager Fuller made his second start of the season.
Attleborough Town drew 1-1 with visitors Mattishall.
With 11 players injured, suspended or unavailable for other reasons, in came Matty Wright and manager Fuller made his second start of the season. Matty Giles made his first start and also his first game in senior football.
With honours even so far, Boro losing the league game 1-0 and winning the cup game 2-0 the game turned out to be a very close affair.
Mattishall had a lot of the ball but never capitalised. Boro's best chances came from the dead ball, going close on several occasions from Fuller's corners with the ball falling to Cunningham and King missing from good positions.
You may also want to watch:
With Mattishall looking dangerous on the attack, the defence of Cev Edwards and Matty Wright looked very solid and Danny Appleton clearing up anything they missed.
More of the same was required, chances went begging at both ends but Mattishall managed to break the deadlock scoring from close range.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
In past weeks this would have signalled a collapse but with different characters in the team this week, that didn't happen.
A cross deflected off one of the Mattishall defenders came to Fuller who rose above the defence and powered the ball goalwards - the keeper managed to get a hand to it but the power took it into the net.
This was a goal fit to win the game but considering Boro's run of late they were happy with a point.
The team on paper didn't stand a chance against this second-placed team, but the character and desire was totally different this week with everyone working together. The defence were superb and a special mention goes to Matty Giles, 19 this week, turned in a performance way beyond his years.
The attitude and character of the players was superb.