Boro on unbeaten run
ATTLEBOROUGH hope to extend their unbeaten run to seven matches when they entertain Beccles Caxton on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm) in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Boro's end-of-season flourish continued with a 2-2 draw at mid-table neighbours Wortwell. Boro dominated early play with some great football creating a number of chances. Kane Wetteland worked hard up front trying to link the midfield to attack.
After 20 minutes the game turned and Wortwell found themselves starting to dominate and this finally paid off after 30 minutes.
Following two great saves from Barry Wells Boro failed to clear the ball leaving the door open for the Wortwell striker who duly finished from close range. This did not dampen the Boro spirit and the players came out fighting. Nathan Lake alongside Sam Lawrence worked hard to regain possession and force the play in to the opposition half.
This soon paid off when Boro won a corner which was floated in from Matthew Venables the ball broke loose at the far post and Martyn Fuller finished from six yards to make it one a piece.
You may also want to watch:
The game continued in the same vein with Boro creating a number of chances with the defence standing strong with the partnership of Daniel Appleton and Sam Lawrence once again combining well.
With 15 minutes remaining though Boro conceded a penalty leaving them 2-1 down. After a quick formation change Boro levelled the score following some creative work down the right wing by Lawrence was finished in fine fashion by Wetteland at the far post. Boro continued to battle until the end of the game forging a number of chances that failed to find the net.
- 1 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 2 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 6 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 A11 lane reopens after Thickthorn crash