Boost for Boro youth club
ATTLEBOROUGH Town Youth Football Club has received a welcome financial boost to help them provide better facilities for their players and volunteers.It has been awarded �6,116 from the Norfolk Youth Fund.
ATTLEBOROUGH Town Youth Football Club has received a welcome financial boost to help them provide better facilities for their players and volunteers.
It has been awarded �6,116 from the Norfolk Youth Fund. The money will be used to help renovate a mobile unit the club has recently acquired through fund-raising efforts and sponsorship.
When work is completed, the unit will house changing rooms, a small kitchen, toilets and storage room. The club raised a total of �5,250 to buy the second-hand unit and put money towards renovation costs.
Norfolk County Council administers the youth fund, with young people bidding for and distributing the grants. Panels of young people decide how the funding should be spent, with support from the county council and the Norfolk Council for Voluntary Services.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque for the �6,116 was presented to Danny Moore of Attleborough Town Youth Football Club by Zoe Holmes, Mev Ahmad and Alistair Wright (pictured).
Holmes of Norfolk County Council's Children's Services department which administers the Norfolk Youth Fund, said: 'The county board had no hesitation in funding this project. They were very impressed with the effort the club has made which has enabled them to purchase the mobile unit.'
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Attleborough Town Youth FC chairman, Pete Venables said: 'This is a great boost for Attleborough's Youth Football Club. It will allow us to complete a long-term project by the start of next season. Our future plans are to introduce girls' football and host regular tournaments for juniors.
'Thanks to Danny Moore's application, this welcome funding will allow us to complete refurbishment and install security and disability facilities. The final result will be something the local community can be proud of, and will secure the future of Attleborough's youth football.
'I would like to thank all volunteers and sponsors who have assisted in the development of our new facility and those who have helped with fundraising - it has been a real community effort. The generous funding from Norfolk County Council has really finished the job off, and I can't thank the Norfolk Youth Fund enough.'