Exciting times at Attleborough Town FC
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough Town can look back on a very satisfactory 2017 as the first team consolidated their place in senior football while the reserves almost gained promotion and reached a major cup final.
Having finished a solid seventh last season Jason Edwards and Nigel Clayton have ended the year with the first team fourth in Anglian Combination Division One, just one point off top spot and with everything to play for going into 2018.
Although the side have undoubted ability, the only question that remains is whether they have the resolve to reach the Premier Division by finishing in the top two in April.
Mark Jamie Brock and Jack Morter have continued the work started by Ben Calton after the former reserve boss left for Wymondham Town during the summer.
They are also well in promotion contention in Division Five South, standing two points behind leaders AC Mill Lane with two games in hand, and just need to maintain the consistency they have shown so far in the campaign.
'A' team bosses Lee Brooks and Michael Skayman will never have an easy ride running a third string Saturday side, but to their credit, their team are mid-table in a league where the competition is just as hard as that faced by the Reserve side.
Terry Macarthur and Andy McKenzie have had to work extremely hard to maintain a competitive Veterans' team.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 3 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 4 Fast & Furious and Star Wars actor dines in Norfolk pub
- 5 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 8 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
The team are now in the Premier Norfolk Division and meeting teams with former professionals in their ranks. Having said that, they are holding our own and a mid-table finish will be an excellent result at the end of the season.
Attleborough Town now have a tremendous batch of 12 youth teams and this section continues to flourish ,with most age groups catered for. All managers, coaches, parents and supporters have worked fantastically hard to bring through some youngsters that the club hope will flourish in the senior teams as the years go by.
Everyone at the club would like to thank the senior committee members for all their efforts throughout the year and main club sponsor Millbank Estate Agents.
If you would like to join or help the club get in touch via their Facebook or Twitter Pages or email secretary@no1solutions