Attleborough super-show downs promotion chasing Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough defeated promotion-chasers Bungay 3-0 at the Rec on Saturday to earn massive three points with a great victory.
Boro started at a great tempo and put pressure straight on the Bungay defence. Within the first five minutes Boro took the lead, Steve Wright finishing with a controlled volley from a great cross. The first half continued with Boro shutting out everything Bungay threw at them.
When in possession Boro looked dangerous every time they went on the attack. Flynn and Miles worked well up front and with the wide men getting down the flanks at every opportunity, the Bungay defence were continually being stretched. Everything Bungay threw at Boro, the defence stood firm and let nothing get through them.
How the first half finished with Boro leading by the only goal was hard to take as their play deserved so much more. The half-time chat was to keep the tempo up as Bungay had to have a spell in the game.
The second half started with Boro replacing the impressive but injured Mann, Wright going in the middle with Venables and Dawes going out on the left. Boro continued where they left off, pushing Bungay back on every occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The play was excellent from Boro and they just didn't let Bungay get a foot into the game.
Boro's second came with the impressive Dawes going at Bungay defence with pace, releasing the ball for Miles who calmly took the ball around the oncoming keeper to coolly fire into an empty goal.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
Boro were in cruise control and that's when they nearly let Bungay back into the game. Bungay's forward was put through on goal but again it was young 16-year-old Bint in goal who came out quickly to pull off a great save and smother the loose ball.
This being a let off, Boro stepped up again and the third goal was soon to follow. Boro went on another attack and the ball fell kindly to the incoming Rivett and from 10 yards he hit the sweetest of shots into the far top corner giving the keeper no chance at all. Boro saw out the game with ease.
Attleborough: Bint, Snowling, K Brown, Smith, Beales, Wrighty, Venables, Mann, Rivett, Flynn, Miles. Subs: Dawes, Thurston, Brown.