Attleborough super-show downs promotion chasing Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough defeated promotion-chasers Bungay 3-0 at the Rec on Saturday to earn massive three points with a great victory.
Boro started at a great tempo and put pressure straight on the Bungay defence. Within the first five minutes Boro took the lead, Steve Wright finishing with a controlled volley from a great cross. The first half continued with Boro shutting out everything Bungay threw at them.
When in possession Boro looked dangerous every time they went on the attack. Flynn and Miles worked well up front and with the wide men getting down the flanks at every opportunity, the Bungay defence were continually being stretched. Everything Bungay threw at Boro, the defence stood firm and let nothing get through them.
How the first half finished with Boro leading by the only goal was hard to take as their play deserved so much more. The half-time chat was to keep the tempo up as Bungay had to have a spell in the game.
The second half started with Boro replacing the impressive but injured Mann, Wright going in the middle with Venables and Dawes going out on the left. Boro continued where they left off, pushing Bungay back on every occasion.
The play was excellent from Boro and they just didn't let Bungay get a foot into the game.
Boro's second came with the impressive Dawes going at Bungay defence with pace, releasing the ball for Miles who calmly took the ball around the oncoming keeper to coolly fire into an empty goal.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 3 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 4 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 5 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 6 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 7 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 8 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 9 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 10 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
Boro were in cruise control and that's when they nearly let Bungay back into the game. Bungay's forward was put through on goal but again it was young 16-year-old Bint in goal who came out quickly to pull off a great save and smother the loose ball.
This being a let off, Boro stepped up again and the third goal was soon to follow. Boro went on another attack and the ball fell kindly to the incoming Rivett and from 10 yards he hit the sweetest of shots into the far top corner giving the keeper no chance at all. Boro saw out the game with ease.
Attleborough: Bint, Snowling, K Brown, Smith, Beales, Wrighty, Venables, Mann, Rivett, Flynn, Miles. Subs: Dawes, Thurston, Brown.