Attleborough's volley good day
THREE teams from Attleborough High School and Sixth Form Centre entered the first Norfolk Beach Volleyball Tournament on Great Yarmouth central beach. This was the first volleyball competition the school has entered.
THREE teams from Attleborough High School and Sixth Form Centre entered the first Norfolk Beach Volleyball Tournament on Great Yarmouth central beach.
This was the first volleyball competition the school has entered.
Two U16 boys teams from Attleborough High were entered into the 15-strong league.
Team one, consisted of Richard Adelugba, Daniel Dean, Matthew Brookson and Joe Whiterod. The whole team worked well together with excellent serving and committed dives shown by all, particularly Richard, saw Attleborough One sail through to the play-off.
You may also want to watch:
Team two from Attleborough High consisted of Callum Langstaff, Jake Horscroft, Matthew Miller and Daniel Thompson. They managed to come second in their group and go into the play-offs.
Team one played two teams to battle it out for first, second and third place. Confidence was boosted with great combinations of dig, set and smash to gain a win over Alderman Peel team one (17-14). Next was the unbeaten Oriel team one who won 11-8 to Oriel. Attleborough team one finished second out of 15 teams.
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
Team two from AHS faced Notre Dame and Oriel team three in their play-off and even though excellent commitment was shown to get even the slightest touch on the ball, two defeats left them in sixth place out of 15.
One U16 girls team from Attleborough High was entered consisting of Lauren Willingham, Annalise Gray, Holly Warren, Ellie Philpott, Sinead Bollingbroke and Charlotte Ord. Three out of four wins saw the Attleborough High School girls through to the grand final to play Notre Dame. Even though Sinead served brilliantly throughout, the team lost 48-21 leaving Attleborough U16 girls to finish second out of 11 teams.