Attleborough's volley good day
THREE teams from Attleborough High School and Sixth Form Centre entered the first Norfolk Beach Volleyball Tournament on Great Yarmouth central beach. This was the first volleyball competition the school has entered.
THREE teams from Attleborough High School and Sixth Form Centre entered the first Norfolk Beach Volleyball Tournament on Great Yarmouth central beach.
This was the first volleyball competition the school has entered.
Two U16 boys teams from Attleborough High were entered into the 15-strong league.
Team one, consisted of Richard Adelugba, Daniel Dean, Matthew Brookson and Joe Whiterod. The whole team worked well together with excellent serving and committed dives shown by all, particularly Richard, saw Attleborough One sail through to the play-off.
You may also want to watch:
Team two from Attleborough High consisted of Callum Langstaff, Jake Horscroft, Matthew Miller and Daniel Thompson. They managed to come second in their group and go into the play-offs.
Team one played two teams to battle it out for first, second and third place. Confidence was boosted with great combinations of dig, set and smash to gain a win over Alderman Peel team one (17-14). Next was the unbeaten Oriel team one who won 11-8 to Oriel. Attleborough team one finished second out of 15 teams.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Team two from AHS faced Notre Dame and Oriel team three in their play-off and even though excellent commitment was shown to get even the slightest touch on the ball, two defeats left them in sixth place out of 15.
One U16 girls team from Attleborough High was entered consisting of Lauren Willingham, Annalise Gray, Holly Warren, Ellie Philpott, Sinead Bollingbroke and Charlotte Ord. Three out of four wins saw the Attleborough High School girls through to the grand final to play Notre Dame. Even though Sinead served brilliantly throughout, the team lost 48-21 leaving Attleborough U16 girls to finish second out of 11 teams.