Attleborough's volley good day
THREE teams from Attleborough High School and Sixth Form Centre entered the first Norfolk Beach Volleyball Tournament on Great Yarmouth central beach. This was the first volleyball competition the school has entered.
THREE teams from Attleborough High School and Sixth Form Centre entered the first Norfolk Beach Volleyball Tournament on Great Yarmouth central beach.
This was the first volleyball competition the school has entered.
Two U16 boys teams from Attleborough High were entered into the 15-strong league.
Team one, consisted of Richard Adelugba, Daniel Dean, Matthew Brookson and Joe Whiterod. The whole team worked well together with excellent serving and committed dives shown by all, particularly Richard, saw Attleborough One sail through to the play-off.
You may also want to watch:
Team two from Attleborough High consisted of Callum Langstaff, Jake Horscroft, Matthew Miller and Daniel Thompson. They managed to come second in their group and go into the play-offs.
Team one played two teams to battle it out for first, second and third place. Confidence was boosted with great combinations of dig, set and smash to gain a win over Alderman Peel team one (17-14). Next was the unbeaten Oriel team one who won 11-8 to Oriel. Attleborough team one finished second out of 15 teams.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town
Team two from AHS faced Notre Dame and Oriel team three in their play-off and even though excellent commitment was shown to get even the slightest touch on the ball, two defeats left them in sixth place out of 15.
One U16 girls team from Attleborough High was entered consisting of Lauren Willingham, Annalise Gray, Holly Warren, Ellie Philpott, Sinead Bollingbroke and Charlotte Ord. Three out of four wins saw the Attleborough High School girls through to the grand final to play Notre Dame. Even though Sinead served brilliantly throughout, the team lost 48-21 leaving Attleborough U16 girls to finish second out of 11 teams.