Attleborough ready for new camapign
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough Town play their first Almary Green Anglian Combination match of the season this Friday night (6.30pm) when they host Acle Utd Reserves.
A few new faces are likely to be on show, with Tom Miles and Lewis Dolan impressive during a tough batch of pre-season friendlies.
After the departure of keeper Josh Guinness to Sheringham, Jason Huggins seems to be a more than able deputy, as he proved towards the end of last season.
Managers Jason Edwards and Craig Bibby have had to deal with the normal spate of holidays and unavailability at this stage of the season and a few key players, such as Steve Wright and Ali Beales, will be missing the early games.
Next Tuesday Boro face newly promoted Easton at home (6.30pm) in their second match.
You may also want to watch:
The club have continued to improve facilities at The Rec with new high standard dugouts, goalposts and a refurbished tea hut all on show.
Boro Reserves are also at home in their first match when they entertain Thetford Town Reserves next Wednesday (6.30pm).
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
The A Team start their Crown Fire League Division Two campaign also at home on Saturday August 22 (3) with a 3pm kick-off against Castle Acre Swifts Reserves.
The Under 19 team are looking for additional players – contact the club if you are interested in this Sunday morning side.
n Harleston Town kick off their Premier League campaign at home to St Andrews on Saturday.