Attleborough ready for new camapign
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough Town play their first Almary Green Anglian Combination match of the season this Friday night (6.30pm) when they host Acle Utd Reserves.
A few new faces are likely to be on show, with Tom Miles and Lewis Dolan impressive during a tough batch of pre-season friendlies.
After the departure of keeper Josh Guinness to Sheringham, Jason Huggins seems to be a more than able deputy, as he proved towards the end of last season.
Managers Jason Edwards and Craig Bibby have had to deal with the normal spate of holidays and unavailability at this stage of the season and a few key players, such as Steve Wright and Ali Beales, will be missing the early games.
Next Tuesday Boro face newly promoted Easton at home (6.30pm) in their second match.
You may also want to watch:
The club have continued to improve facilities at The Rec with new high standard dugouts, goalposts and a refurbished tea hut all on show.
Boro Reserves are also at home in their first match when they entertain Thetford Town Reserves next Wednesday (6.30pm).
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 3 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 4 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 9 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 10 'Worrying' numbers had access to data centres holding confidential info
The A Team start their Crown Fire League Division Two campaign also at home on Saturday August 22 (3) with a 3pm kick-off against Castle Acre Swifts Reserves.
The Under 19 team are looking for additional players – contact the club if you are interested in this Sunday morning side.
n Harleston Town kick off their Premier League campaign at home to St Andrews on Saturday.