Attleborough Junior School’s delight
CHAMPION FEELING: Attleborough Junior School won the South-East England Schools seven-a-side tournament on Saturday to become the U11 Norfolk champions.
Attleborough had already won their district competition earlier in the season to gain a place at the county final.
On Saturday they competed against St William's Primary, North Wootton Primary, Woodlands Junior and Stalham Junior in a very competitive tournament.
Attleborough Junior School remained undefeated to secure victory in their final game against Stalham.
The 2-1 victory has earned the school a place in the Area Final where they will compete against the champions from 11 other counties with a place at the national finals at stake.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tudor mansion for sale for £2.5m with link to magical Christmas tale
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 8 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 9 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable
- 10 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed