ATFC 2 Thetford Rovers 2
Boro welcomed Thetford Rovers to the Rec for another top of the table clash in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Boro applied some high levels of pressure during the first half with a number of chances being created.
After a number of spurned half chances Kane Wetteland stepped up and finished from close range putting Boro one up after 20 minutes.
Boro were on top for the next 10 minutes when the game switched. Thetford began to apply pressure winning a number of corners. Shortly after a parried shot from Sean Robinson fell to an oncoming striker who finished it off from six yards.
The game was then evenly matched until the last minute of the half when Stevie Wright was fouled in the box after a powerful run. Wright dispatched the penalty giving Boro the advantage going in to the break.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Boro seemed to have the advantage, dominating some extended periods of play, but failing to make the possession count.
Fifteen minutes from time Thetford won a free-kick on the edge of the box, which was quickly swung in and finished at the near post levelling the game.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
n In the Anglian Combination Premier Division, Wymondham Town were beaten 3-1 by Acle.
n Hethersett Athletic Ladies eased their Eastern Region Premier Division relegation worries with a fine 3-2 home victory over Peterborough Ladies, thanks to a hat-trick from Grace Birchall.
Meanwhile, the Ladies Hearts' push for promotion from the Norfolk League continued to gather pace as they came from behind to beat Hockering 6-3.
Lisa Ferdani hit a hat-trick, Lauren Matthews scored twice and Polly Tarrant was also on target. The runners-up position now looks to be between Hethersett and Cotishall Jaguars with the two teams still to meet at Coltishall towards the end of the season.
Hethersett Athletic men's teams had a blank weekend, with the Saturday side losing 7-1 at home to Necton (Gary Davis), the Sunday Firsts losing 5-1 to Hillside Old Boys (Blair Luther-Veitch) and the Sunday Reserves losing 5-1 at home to School House (Nick Benfield).