ATFC 2 Thetford Rovers 2
Boro welcomed Thetford Rovers to the Rec for another top of the table clash in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Boro applied some high levels of pressure during the first half with a number of chances being created.
After a number of spurned half chances Kane Wetteland stepped up and finished from close range putting Boro one up after 20 minutes.
Boro were on top for the next 10 minutes when the game switched. Thetford began to apply pressure winning a number of corners. Shortly after a parried shot from Sean Robinson fell to an oncoming striker who finished it off from six yards.
The game was then evenly matched until the last minute of the half when Stevie Wright was fouled in the box after a powerful run. Wright dispatched the penalty giving Boro the advantage going in to the break.
After the break Boro seemed to have the advantage, dominating some extended periods of play, but failing to make the possession count.
Fifteen minutes from time Thetford won a free-kick on the edge of the box, which was quickly swung in and finished at the near post levelling the game.
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
n In the Anglian Combination Premier Division, Wymondham Town were beaten 3-1 by Acle.
n Hethersett Athletic Ladies eased their Eastern Region Premier Division relegation worries with a fine 3-2 home victory over Peterborough Ladies, thanks to a hat-trick from Grace Birchall.
Meanwhile, the Ladies Hearts' push for promotion from the Norfolk League continued to gather pace as they came from behind to beat Hockering 6-3.
Lisa Ferdani hit a hat-trick, Lauren Matthews scored twice and Polly Tarrant was also on target. The runners-up position now looks to be between Hethersett and Cotishall Jaguars with the two teams still to meet at Coltishall towards the end of the season.
Hethersett Athletic men's teams had a blank weekend, with the Saturday side losing 7-1 at home to Necton (Gary Davis), the Sunday Firsts losing 5-1 to Hillside Old Boys (Blair Luther-Veitch) and the Sunday Reserves losing 5-1 at home to School House (Nick Benfield).