Another win for Bucks
OLD Buckenham Ladies remain second in their hockey league with another win under their belts, this time 3-1 over visitors Peterborough.It was a tough game with Peterborough putting up a strong opposition.
OLD Buckenham Ladies remain second in their hockey league with another win under their belts, this time 3-1 over visitors Peterborough.
It was a tough game with Peterborough putting up a strong opposition.
The first goal was fed by Emma Lake for Helen Larwood to finish off. The score remained 1-0 into the second half. Peterborough came back stronger putting the Buckenham defence under a lot of pressure but the defence along with the goalie kept them at bay. Buckenham managed to break through and attack once again resulting with two goals coming from Michelle Williams.
Player of the match goes to Emma Lake for her determination throughout the game.
You may also want to watch:
Old Buckenham II lost to hosts Sprowston II 2-0.
Old Buckenham were once again on the unfamiliar grass.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
A series of penalty corners dominated the start of the match as Sprowston exerted constant pressure on the Buckenham defence. They were rewarded with two goals from open play in quick succession.
Despite more attempts and penalty corners the Buckenham defence held firm and the forwards started to look for ways through the experienced opposition.
The second half was more evenly matched but, even though they kept the upper hand, Sprowston failed to score again. Buckenham finished well with all 16 players in the squad making a strong contribution.
Player of the match went to Susan Lansdell.