Angling joy for youngsters
A young brother and sister hit the jackpot as they battled for bumper bream.Tom Normanton, 12, and his 10-year-old sister Faye from Great Moulton, were fishing Swangey Lake for a second time since they were introduced by their father to Isaac Walton's gentle art only last summer.
A young brother and sister hit the jackpot as they battled for bumper bream.
Tom Normanton, 12, and his 10-year-old sister Faye from Great Moulton, were fishing Swangey Lake for a second time since they were introduced by their father to Isaac Walton's gentle art only last summer.
The pair finished up with a joint catch of 25 bream ranging to double figures. Tom had the heaviest of the day at 10lb 8oz and Faye's was 9lb 8oz.
Their dad Steve said: 'I've taken these two fishing with me on several occasions, but mostly on local beaches, but they seemed keen to want their own tackle last summer so I started taking them to some local lakes where they quickly got the hang of it. They proved that at Swangey.
You may also want to watch:
'They were absolutely delighted with their performance and I was glad that I did not fish myself because I was able to share their joy at such an adventure by the water, and they certainly will tell their form mates this week.'
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history