Angling joy for youngsters
A young brother and sister hit the jackpot as they battled for bumper bream.Tom Normanton, 12, and his 10-year-old sister Faye from Great Moulton, were fishing Swangey Lake for a second time since they were introduced by their father to Isaac Walton's gentle art only last summer.
A young brother and sister hit the jackpot as they battled for bumper bream.
Tom Normanton, 12, and his 10-year-old sister Faye from Great Moulton, were fishing Swangey Lake for a second time since they were introduced by their father to Isaac Walton's gentle art only last summer.
The pair finished up with a joint catch of 25 bream ranging to double figures. Tom had the heaviest of the day at 10lb 8oz and Faye's was 9lb 8oz.
Their dad Steve said: 'I've taken these two fishing with me on several occasions, but mostly on local beaches, but they seemed keen to want their own tackle last summer so I started taking them to some local lakes where they quickly got the hang of it. They proved that at Swangey.
You may also want to watch:
'They were absolutely delighted with their performance and I was glad that I did not fish myself because I was able to share their joy at such an adventure by the water, and they certainly will tell their form mates this week.'
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary