Youths questioned over Wymondham car damage
Two youths from the Wymondham area have been interviewed by police after a number of vehicles were damaged in the town.The offenders were driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 in the early hours of August 17 when it was involved in a multiple collisions with parked cars along Pople Street.
A TEENAGER has been charged after several parked cars were damaged by an out of control 4x4 in Wymondham.
The 15-year-old boy has been charged with taking a vehicle without consent, driving with no insurance and no driving licence and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
He will appear at Swaffham Youth Court next month.
A second youth has been given a final police warning for his part in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were woken by the noise of the collisions, which occurred around 2.45am on Tuesday August 17 when parked vehicles were damaged along Pople Street in the town.
About nine vehicles were damaged. The Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 that was involved was taken in Market Street and was later abandoned.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night