Reindeer, samba and Santa appear at Wymondham Wynterfest
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Wymondham Town Team celebrated the start of December with its third annual Wynterfest on Saturday.
Featuring carol singing, nativity scenes, Santa's Grotto, and a Christmas tree festival, it also included live reindeer, funded by a consortium of town retailers, and a Made in Wymondham market.
Made in Wymondham is a Town Team initiative designed to let residents who are talented at crafts or bakery but do not have a business to showcase their products.
Fran Young, Town Team member, said: 'Wynterfest was amazing. It was really good, despite the weather lots and lots of people came and I was really pleased about that.'
'We have been organising this since about February last year, and we are already planning next year!'
You may also want to watch:
Although there was no lights switch on event, volunteers from across the town co-ordinated by Doug Hodges put up lights in the town centre, which were turned on on Thursday ahead of the festival.
Wynterfest also featured performers, including the Ukelele Elves, classical due Hayley Moss and Ben Lake, and the Norwich Samba Band.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk