Reindeer, samba and Santa appear at Wymondham Wynterfest
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Wymondham Town Team celebrated the start of December with its third annual Wynterfest on Saturday.
Featuring carol singing, nativity scenes, Santa's Grotto, and a Christmas tree festival, it also included live reindeer, funded by a consortium of town retailers, and a Made in Wymondham market.
Made in Wymondham is a Town Team initiative designed to let residents who are talented at crafts or bakery but do not have a business to showcase their products.
Fran Young, Town Team member, said: 'Wynterfest was amazing. It was really good, despite the weather lots and lots of people came and I was really pleased about that.'
'We have been organising this since about February last year, and we are already planning next year!'
Although there was no lights switch on event, volunteers from across the town co-ordinated by Doug Hodges put up lights in the town centre, which were turned on on Thursday ahead of the festival.
Wynterfest also featured performers, including the Ukelele Elves, classical due Hayley Moss and Ben Lake, and the Norwich Samba Band.
- 1 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 2 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 3 Obituary: Head caretaker with 'cheeky grin' dies days before birthday
- 4 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 5 Town holding first annual food and drink festival with live entertainment
- 6 Couple put extraordinary barn conversion with church views up for sale
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 9 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 10 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies