Reindeer, samba and Santa appear at Wymondham Wynterfest
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Wymondham Town Team celebrated the start of December with its third annual Wynterfest on Saturday.
Featuring carol singing, nativity scenes, Santa's Grotto, and a Christmas tree festival, it also included live reindeer, funded by a consortium of town retailers, and a Made in Wymondham market.
Made in Wymondham is a Town Team initiative designed to let residents who are talented at crafts or bakery but do not have a business to showcase their products.
Fran Young, Town Team member, said: 'Wynterfest was amazing. It was really good, despite the weather lots and lots of people came and I was really pleased about that.'
'We have been organising this since about February last year, and we are already planning next year!'
You may also want to watch:
Although there was no lights switch on event, volunteers from across the town co-ordinated by Doug Hodges put up lights in the town centre, which were turned on on Thursday ahead of the festival.
Wynterfest also featured performers, including the Ukelele Elves, classical due Hayley Moss and Ben Lake, and the Norwich Samba Band.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 4 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 5 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 6 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure