‘I’m worried this is part of some sick activity’ - Woman finds decaying animal tied up in bag
- Credit: Archant
A walker made a 'hideous' discovery after finding the remains of an animal tied up in a carrier bag.
Julie Briggs found the animal, with rope tied around its legs, while walking through Wymondham on Browick Road.
She said: 'The smell of rotting flesh was hideous. I'm worried this is part of a sick activity someone is doing and it may not be an isolated case.'
She called the police who referred the case to the RSPCA.
The RSPCA was unable to confirm what type of animal was in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: 'This must have been extremely distressing for the person who discovered this bag.
'An RSPCA inspector did attend and when they examined the bag whatever was inside was severely decomposed.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
'All that remained was some feet but it was not possible to determine what type of species this animal was.'
Anyone who may have any information should contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.