‘I’m worried this is part of some sick activity’ - Woman finds decaying animal tied up in bag
- Credit: Archant
A walker made a 'hideous' discovery after finding the remains of an animal tied up in a carrier bag.
Julie Briggs found the animal, with rope tied around its legs, while walking through Wymondham on Browick Road.
She said: 'The smell of rotting flesh was hideous. I'm worried this is part of a sick activity someone is doing and it may not be an isolated case.'
She called the police who referred the case to the RSPCA.
The RSPCA was unable to confirm what type of animal was in the bag.
A spokesperson said: 'This must have been extremely distressing for the person who discovered this bag.
'An RSPCA inspector did attend and when they examined the bag whatever was inside was severely decomposed.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 3 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 4 Fast & Furious and Star Wars actor dines in Norfolk pub
- 5 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 8 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
'All that remained was some feet but it was not possible to determine what type of species this animal was.'
Anyone who may have any information should contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.