‘I’m worried this is part of some sick activity’ - Woman finds decaying animal tied up in bag
- Credit: Archant
A walker made a 'hideous' discovery after finding the remains of an animal tied up in a carrier bag.
Julie Briggs found the animal, with rope tied around its legs, while walking through Wymondham on Browick Road.
She said: 'The smell of rotting flesh was hideous. I'm worried this is part of a sick activity someone is doing and it may not be an isolated case.'
She called the police who referred the case to the RSPCA.
The RSPCA was unable to confirm what type of animal was in the bag.
A spokesperson said: 'This must have been extremely distressing for the person who discovered this bag.
'An RSPCA inspector did attend and when they examined the bag whatever was inside was severely decomposed.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Mother's anger at delays to bathroom repairs
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Engineers on scene after parts of Wymondham suffer power cut
- 5 MP's intervention on plans for massive poultry farm
- 6 Overnight road closures on A11 as road resurfacing works continue
- 7 'We want an end to it' - Wymondham's plea over Abbey row
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 10 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
'All that remained was some feet but it was not possible to determine what type of species this animal was.'
Anyone who may have any information should contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.