‘I’m worried this is part of some sick activity’ - Woman finds decaying animal tied up in bag
- Credit: Archant
A walker made a 'hideous' discovery after finding the remains of an animal tied up in a carrier bag.
Julie Briggs found the animal, with rope tied around its legs, while walking through Wymondham on Browick Road.
She said: 'The smell of rotting flesh was hideous. I'm worried this is part of a sick activity someone is doing and it may not be an isolated case.'
She called the police who referred the case to the RSPCA.
The RSPCA was unable to confirm what type of animal was in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: 'This must have been extremely distressing for the person who discovered this bag.
'An RSPCA inspector did attend and when they examined the bag whatever was inside was severely decomposed.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
'All that remained was some feet but it was not possible to determine what type of species this animal was.'
Anyone who may have any information should contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.