‘I’m worried this is part of some sick activity’ - Woman finds decaying animal tied up in bag
- Credit: Archant
A walker made a 'hideous' discovery after finding the remains of an animal tied up in a carrier bag.
Julie Briggs found the animal, with rope tied around its legs, while walking through Wymondham on Browick Road.
She said: 'The smell of rotting flesh was hideous. I'm worried this is part of a sick activity someone is doing and it may not be an isolated case.'
She called the police who referred the case to the RSPCA.
The RSPCA was unable to confirm what type of animal was in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: 'This must have been extremely distressing for the person who discovered this bag.
'An RSPCA inspector did attend and when they examined the bag whatever was inside was severely decomposed.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
'All that remained was some feet but it was not possible to determine what type of species this animal was.'
Anyone who may have any information should contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.