Town Mayor officially starts construction on Wymondham development
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wymondham has helped lay the building blocks of new housing development in the market town.
The Mayor, Councillor Robert Savage, exchanged his ceremonial robes for a high visibility jacket and hard hat to help lay the building blocks of a new retirement build in Sutton Drive, Wymondham.
Cllr Savage, joined site manager, Glen Waine, to tour the site, take a look at the development plans and to officially celebrate the start of construction by conducting a ground breaking ceremony.
When complete, the new McCarthy and Stone development will consist of 30 two and three bedroom bungalows designed specifically for the over 55s.
Mr Savage said: 'It was a pleasure to visit McCarthy and Stone's Sutton Gardens development.
You may also want to watch:
'Living independently and securely is incredibly important at any age; and it is reassuring to see developments such as this emerging within the town, providing an additional home ownership option for the over 55s.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes