Town Mayor officially starts construction on Wymondham development
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wymondham has helped lay the building blocks of new housing development in the market town.
The Mayor, Councillor Robert Savage, exchanged his ceremonial robes for a high visibility jacket and hard hat to help lay the building blocks of a new retirement build in Sutton Drive, Wymondham.
Cllr Savage, joined site manager, Glen Waine, to tour the site, take a look at the development plans and to officially celebrate the start of construction by conducting a ground breaking ceremony.
When complete, the new McCarthy and Stone development will consist of 30 two and three bedroom bungalows designed specifically for the over 55s.
Mr Savage said: 'It was a pleasure to visit McCarthy and Stone's Sutton Gardens development.
You may also want to watch:
'Living independently and securely is incredibly important at any age; and it is reassuring to see developments such as this emerging within the town, providing an additional home ownership option for the over 55s.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote