Town Mayor officially starts construction on Wymondham development
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wymondham has helped lay the building blocks of new housing development in the market town.
The Mayor, Councillor Robert Savage, exchanged his ceremonial robes for a high visibility jacket and hard hat to help lay the building blocks of a new retirement build in Sutton Drive, Wymondham.
Cllr Savage, joined site manager, Glen Waine, to tour the site, take a look at the development plans and to officially celebrate the start of construction by conducting a ground breaking ceremony.
When complete, the new McCarthy and Stone development will consist of 30 two and three bedroom bungalows designed specifically for the over 55s.
Mr Savage said: 'It was a pleasure to visit McCarthy and Stone's Sutton Gardens development.
You may also want to watch:
'Living independently and securely is incredibly important at any age; and it is reassuring to see developments such as this emerging within the town, providing an additional home ownership option for the over 55s.'
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school