Town Mayor officially starts construction on Wymondham development
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wymondham has helped lay the building blocks of new housing development in the market town.
The Mayor, Councillor Robert Savage, exchanged his ceremonial robes for a high visibility jacket and hard hat to help lay the building blocks of a new retirement build in Sutton Drive, Wymondham.
Cllr Savage, joined site manager, Glen Waine, to tour the site, take a look at the development plans and to officially celebrate the start of construction by conducting a ground breaking ceremony.
When complete, the new McCarthy and Stone development will consist of 30 two and three bedroom bungalows designed specifically for the over 55s.
Mr Savage said: 'It was a pleasure to visit McCarthy and Stone's Sutton Gardens development.
You may also want to watch:
'Living independently and securely is incredibly important at any age; and it is reassuring to see developments such as this emerging within the town, providing an additional home ownership option for the over 55s.'
- 1 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 2 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 3 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 4 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 5 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 6 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 10 ‘Lack of discipline’: Leader hits out after town’s huge Covid surge