Town Mayor officially starts construction on Wymondham development
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wymondham has helped lay the building blocks of new housing development in the market town.
The Mayor, Councillor Robert Savage, exchanged his ceremonial robes for a high visibility jacket and hard hat to help lay the building blocks of a new retirement build in Sutton Drive, Wymondham.
Cllr Savage, joined site manager, Glen Waine, to tour the site, take a look at the development plans and to officially celebrate the start of construction by conducting a ground breaking ceremony.
When complete, the new McCarthy and Stone development will consist of 30 two and three bedroom bungalows designed specifically for the over 55s.
Mr Savage said: 'It was a pleasure to visit McCarthy and Stone's Sutton Gardens development.
You may also want to watch:
'Living independently and securely is incredibly important at any age; and it is reassuring to see developments such as this emerging within the town, providing an additional home ownership option for the over 55s.'
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 6 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show