Wymondham to stage its big busking day this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Music Festival's annual Town Busking Day returns on Saturday.
More than 50 musicians took part in 2013's event and it is hoped there will be an equally good turnout this year.
Individual musicians and groups are very welcome and should register in the marquee on the Market Place between 10am and noon or call 01953 333500. The Town Busking Day is supported by South Norfolk Council.
Richard Elliott, chairman of the Wymondham Music Festival said: 'The Town Busking Day is one of our well-established events.
'Musicians perform all over town creating a wonderful atmosphere. If you have never busked before do come along on Saturday, May 24 and join in the fun.'
Wymondham Music Festival is centred on Festival Fortnight, June 21 to July 6 but with events from May onwards.
More than 30 events, many of them free, will be staged in venues across the town during Festival Fortnight. Tickets are on sale at Puff's Toyshop, Market Place, Wymondham and at www.wymfestival.org.uk. Save £1 on tickets booked by June 14.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Person released from car and road closed after two-vehicle crash
Are you organising a community event? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org