Wymondham to stage its big busking day this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Music Festival's annual Town Busking Day returns on Saturday.
More than 50 musicians took part in 2013's event and it is hoped there will be an equally good turnout this year.
Individual musicians and groups are very welcome and should register in the marquee on the Market Place between 10am and noon or call 01953 333500. The Town Busking Day is supported by South Norfolk Council.
Richard Elliott, chairman of the Wymondham Music Festival said: 'The Town Busking Day is one of our well-established events.
'Musicians perform all over town creating a wonderful atmosphere. If you have never busked before do come along on Saturday, May 24 and join in the fun.'
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Music Festival is centred on Festival Fortnight, June 21 to July 6 but with events from May onwards.
More than 30 events, many of them free, will be staged in venues across the town during Festival Fortnight. Tickets are on sale at Puff's Toyshop, Market Place, Wymondham and at www.wymfestival.org.uk. Save £1 on tickets booked by June 14.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Are you organising a community event? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org