Wymondham to stage its big busking day this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Music Festival's annual Town Busking Day returns on Saturday.
More than 50 musicians took part in 2013's event and it is hoped there will be an equally good turnout this year.
Individual musicians and groups are very welcome and should register in the marquee on the Market Place between 10am and noon or call 01953 333500. The Town Busking Day is supported by South Norfolk Council.
Richard Elliott, chairman of the Wymondham Music Festival said: 'The Town Busking Day is one of our well-established events.
'Musicians perform all over town creating a wonderful atmosphere. If you have never busked before do come along on Saturday, May 24 and join in the fun.'
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Music Festival is centred on Festival Fortnight, June 21 to July 6 but with events from May onwards.
More than 30 events, many of them free, will be staged in venues across the town during Festival Fortnight. Tickets are on sale at Puff's Toyshop, Market Place, Wymondham and at www.wymfestival.org.uk. Save £1 on tickets booked by June 14.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 8 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
Are you organising a community event? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email email@example.com