Do They Know It’s Christmas in Wymondham?
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been put out calling on Wymondham residents to take part in a festive sing-along of Band Aid's popular Christmas song.
Ellie Wigney, a student at Wymondham Sixth Form, posted on the Wymondham Ways public Facebook group on Wednesday asking for any vocal volunteers.
As part of her A-Level Film Studies class, she is making a Wymondham based version song and music video of Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas?.
In her post, she calls for volunteer residents to meet her and her fellow students at The Market Cross in Wymondham at 6:30pm on Monday 11 December. She said the filming and singing will take around 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
Singers of all abilities are welcome as Ellie emphasises that this is not a singing competition.
You may also want to watch:
'Just smiley faces, a mix of ages and some festive sing-along fun' are needed, she writes. Tinsel and Christmas jumpers very welcome too.
Since posting to the Facebook group Ellie has had a huge reaction to her plea, with over 70 likes and 50 shares.
For any questions or further information please comment on the Facebook post here.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night