Wymondham school’s donation to animal sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
A school has handed over a cheque to an animal sanctuary after raising money for the centre.
The chairman and secretary of the school council at Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, presented George Rockingham, from the PACT animal sanctuary, with a cheque for £1,140.25.
The school has supported PACT for many years and holds an annual sponsored walk in the school grounds.
Mr Rockingham gave a wildlife presentation to the school, looking at the wild animals PACT rescues as part of its work.
The money will go towards PACT's current fund-raising efforts to open a wildlife hospital at the sanctuary.
You may also want to watch:
Are you raising money for a good cause? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s