Wymondham school’s donation to animal sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
A school has handed over a cheque to an animal sanctuary after raising money for the centre.
The chairman and secretary of the school council at Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, presented George Rockingham, from the PACT animal sanctuary, with a cheque for £1,140.25.
The school has supported PACT for many years and holds an annual sponsored walk in the school grounds.
Mr Rockingham gave a wildlife presentation to the school, looking at the wild animals PACT rescues as part of its work.
The money will go towards PACT's current fund-raising efforts to open a wildlife hospital at the sanctuary.
You may also want to watch:
Are you raising money for a good cause? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history