Wymondham school’s donation to animal sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
A school has handed over a cheque to an animal sanctuary after raising money for the centre.
The chairman and secretary of the school council at Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, presented George Rockingham, from the PACT animal sanctuary, with a cheque for £1,140.25.
The school has supported PACT for many years and holds an annual sponsored walk in the school grounds.
Mr Rockingham gave a wildlife presentation to the school, looking at the wild animals PACT rescues as part of its work.
The money will go towards PACT's current fund-raising efforts to open a wildlife hospital at the sanctuary.
You may also want to watch:
Are you raising money for a good cause? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school