Wymondham school’s donation to animal sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
A school has handed over a cheque to an animal sanctuary after raising money for the centre.
The chairman and secretary of the school council at Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, presented George Rockingham, from the PACT animal sanctuary, with a cheque for £1,140.25.
The school has supported PACT for many years and holds an annual sponsored walk in the school grounds.
Mr Rockingham gave a wildlife presentation to the school, looking at the wild animals PACT rescues as part of its work.
The money will go towards PACT's current fund-raising efforts to open a wildlife hospital at the sanctuary.
You may also want to watch:
Are you raising money for a good cause? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes