Wymondham’s Green Dragons up and running
- Credit: Archant
A sociable beginners running club is gathering steam ahead of its first 5k race.
Green Dragon Runners, Wymondham, was founded earlier this month, with more than 40 amateur runners attending the first session.
The group has since set its sights on running the Mulbarton Parkrun and the Snetterton 5k in January.
Coach, Georgina Sexton, said the group is as much about having fun as it is about running.
She said: 'The running group is focused on the sociable and, although we do run and are building up our distance each week, we also do lots of fun team games to improve running fitness and always head back to the Green Dragon pub for our post-workout refreshments.'
You may also want to watch:
After the completion of the Snetterton 5k, the current group will graduate to intermediate level and will next aim to complete a 10k, while a new crop of beginners will be invited to join the group. New runners are welcome to join the club, which meets at the Green Dragon pub in Wymondham at 7pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer