Wymondham’s Green Dragons up and running
- Credit: Archant
A sociable beginners running club is gathering steam ahead of its first 5k race.
Green Dragon Runners, Wymondham, was founded earlier this month, with more than 40 amateur runners attending the first session.
The group has since set its sights on running the Mulbarton Parkrun and the Snetterton 5k in January.
Coach, Georgina Sexton, said the group is as much about having fun as it is about running.
She said: 'The running group is focused on the sociable and, although we do run and are building up our distance each week, we also do lots of fun team games to improve running fitness and always head back to the Green Dragon pub for our post-workout refreshments.'
You may also want to watch:
After the completion of the Snetterton 5k, the current group will graduate to intermediate level and will next aim to complete a 10k, while a new crop of beginners will be invited to join the group. New runners are welcome to join the club, which meets at the Green Dragon pub in Wymondham at 7pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 'Surgery will buckle' - warning new homes will push Hethersett to crisis
- 10 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen