Wymondham’s Green Dragons up and running
- Credit: Archant
A sociable beginners running club is gathering steam ahead of its first 5k race.
Green Dragon Runners, Wymondham, was founded earlier this month, with more than 40 amateur runners attending the first session.
The group has since set its sights on running the Mulbarton Parkrun and the Snetterton 5k in January.
Coach, Georgina Sexton, said the group is as much about having fun as it is about running.
She said: 'The running group is focused on the sociable and, although we do run and are building up our distance each week, we also do lots of fun team games to improve running fitness and always head back to the Green Dragon pub for our post-workout refreshments.'
You may also want to watch:
After the completion of the Snetterton 5k, the current group will graduate to intermediate level and will next aim to complete a 10k, while a new crop of beginners will be invited to join the group. New runners are welcome to join the club, which meets at the Green Dragon pub in Wymondham at 7pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night