Wymondham’s Green Dragons up and running
- Credit: Archant
A sociable beginners running club is gathering steam ahead of its first 5k race.
Green Dragon Runners, Wymondham, was founded earlier this month, with more than 40 amateur runners attending the first session.
The group has since set its sights on running the Mulbarton Parkrun and the Snetterton 5k in January.
Coach, Georgina Sexton, said the group is as much about having fun as it is about running.
She said: 'The running group is focused on the sociable and, although we do run and are building up our distance each week, we also do lots of fun team games to improve running fitness and always head back to the Green Dragon pub for our post-workout refreshments.'
You may also want to watch:
After the completion of the Snetterton 5k, the current group will graduate to intermediate level and will next aim to complete a 10k, while a new crop of beginners will be invited to join the group. New runners are welcome to join the club, which meets at the Green Dragon pub in Wymondham at 7pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 5 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?