Wymondham roundabout Christmas lights raise thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
Christmas lights at Wood Avens Way roundabout in Wymondham have helped to raise £2,343 for charity - almost double the sum raised last Christmas.
This was the 14th consecutive festive period that houses at the roundabout have donned illuminations in aid of good causes.
Claire Melton, who lives on Wood Avens Way, said it all started with a bit of friendly competition, which escalated year on year.
She said: 'It has been growing bigger every year. It started with just a few neighbours putting up their lights but it grew into a natural competition to see who could have the biggest and best ones.
'Thank you to everyone who visited and donated so generously to our charities.'
You may also want to watch:
Now all 13 houses put on the light show from November 26 until January 2, attracting many visitors.
This year's fund will be split between PACT animal sanctuary and Wymondham Dementia Support Group.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote