Wymondham Rock School meets Princess
Young people from Wymondham's Rock School had the chance to meet the Princess Royal during her visit to the town last week.She showed great interest in the rock school project and the strong link between the young people and partners involved in the scheme.
Young people from Wymondham's Rock School had the chance to meet the Princess Royal during her visit to the town last week.
She showed great interest in the rock school project and the strong link between the young people and partners involved in the scheme.
The Princess visited Norfolk Constabulary's headquarters where she found out about the rock school and other youth engagement projects across the force.
Wymondham Sgt Nigel Longlands said: 'The young people from the rock school had the chance to talk to the Princess about the project and how it's improved their skills.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to increase the profile of the successful rock school by hopefully pulling some 'strings' to gain funding for future music projects.'
Wymondham's Rock School was set up in April where youngsters had the chance to undertake a five-week programme to learn a new instrument or brush up on their skills with an existing talent.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
Thanks to the support of Wymondham Safer Neighbourhood Team, Norfolk County Council and the Woodshack Rehearsal Studios this project was possible.
The rock school took place twice a week and was run by Jo Baker who is a musician/ music teacher at the Woodshack Rehearsal Studios.
Jo Baker said: 'We would like to provide this rock school facility for more youngsters, however the only thing that is holding us back is funding. If any individuals, businesses or local authorities can support the positive programme we are providing young people contact us here at the Woodshack Rehearsal Studios.'
If you are able to support the longevity of the rock school contact Jo Baker on Baker_jo@btconnect.com or visit the Wookshack Rehearsal Studios, Unit 14, Spur Industrial Estate, Postmill Close, Wymondham.