Wymondham Rock School meets Princess
Young people from Wymondham's Rock School had the chance to meet the Princess Royal during her visit to the town last week.She showed great interest in the rock school project and the strong link between the young people and partners involved in the scheme.
Young people from Wymondham's Rock School had the chance to meet the Princess Royal during her visit to the town last week.
She showed great interest in the rock school project and the strong link between the young people and partners involved in the scheme.
The Princess visited Norfolk Constabulary's headquarters where she found out about the rock school and other youth engagement projects across the force.
Wymondham Sgt Nigel Longlands said: 'The young people from the rock school had the chance to talk to the Princess about the project and how it's improved their skills.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to increase the profile of the successful rock school by hopefully pulling some 'strings' to gain funding for future music projects.'
Wymondham's Rock School was set up in April where youngsters had the chance to undertake a five-week programme to learn a new instrument or brush up on their skills with an existing talent.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
Thanks to the support of Wymondham Safer Neighbourhood Team, Norfolk County Council and the Woodshack Rehearsal Studios this project was possible.
The rock school took place twice a week and was run by Jo Baker who is a musician/ music teacher at the Woodshack Rehearsal Studios.
Jo Baker said: 'We would like to provide this rock school facility for more youngsters, however the only thing that is holding us back is funding. If any individuals, businesses or local authorities can support the positive programme we are providing young people contact us here at the Woodshack Rehearsal Studios.'
If you are able to support the longevity of the rock school contact Jo Baker on Baker_jo@btconnect.com or visit the Wookshack Rehearsal Studios, Unit 14, Spur Industrial Estate, Postmill Close, Wymondham.