Wymondham post office set to close for refurbishment
People in Wymondham are set to benefit from a more modern post office just in time for Christmas.
The branch in One Stop in Market Street is undergoing a transformation which will see it open seven days a week.
Trading times will be increased by 32 hours a week.
The new opening hours will be Monday to Saturday 8am until 8pm and Sunday 10am until 4pm.
Wymondham Post Office will close for refurbishment on Wednesday, November 6 at 5.30pm and the new-look Post Office will reopen on Friday, November 29 at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The whole store will close for a re-fit and during this time the nearest alternative Post Offices are in Lime Tree Avenue, Wymondham, and Birchfield Lane in Mulbarton.
Post Office regional network manager, Will Russell, said: 'We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in this area of Wymondham and we are confident that the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
'The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.
'This investment, the largest in the history of the Post Office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.'
The Post Office, now independent of Royal Mail, is the largest retail network in the UK, with more than 11,500 branches.