Wymondham post office set to close for refurbishment
People in Wymondham are set to benefit from a more modern post office just in time for Christmas.
The branch in One Stop in Market Street is undergoing a transformation which will see it open seven days a week.
Trading times will be increased by 32 hours a week.
The new opening hours will be Monday to Saturday 8am until 8pm and Sunday 10am until 4pm.
Wymondham Post Office will close for refurbishment on Wednesday, November 6 at 5.30pm and the new-look Post Office will reopen on Friday, November 29 at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The whole store will close for a re-fit and during this time the nearest alternative Post Offices are in Lime Tree Avenue, Wymondham, and Birchfield Lane in Mulbarton.
Post Office regional network manager, Will Russell, said: 'We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in this area of Wymondham and we are confident that the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 7 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
'The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.
'This investment, the largest in the history of the Post Office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.'
The Post Office, now independent of Royal Mail, is the largest retail network in the UK, with more than 11,500 branches.