Wymondham opera company celebrates 10th anniversary
A Wymondham-based amateur musical theatre company is celebrating its 10th birthday with a tour of songs from its previous shows.
Members of the Livewire Opera Company will be travelling to venues across the county to perform classics from shows such as The Gondoliers, The Merry Widow, Fiddler on the Roof, The Gypsy Baron and The Pirates of Penzance.
Under the musical directorship of Susan Booth, the company has grown from small beginnings to performing eight shows a year throughout Norfolk and Suffolk providing light operetta with a touch of Gilbert and Sullivan.
The company has also just secured the rights to perform The Sound of Music in 2013 and has launched a search to find more members who would enjoy taking up the challenge of treading the boards.
Anyone aged 16 or over is welcome to join. For more information, call Susan Booth on 07795143006.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.livewireoperacompany.co.uk
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
- 2 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 6 Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- 7 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 8 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 9 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job