Wymondham opera company celebrates 10th anniversary
A Wymondham-based amateur musical theatre company is celebrating its 10th birthday with a tour of songs from its previous shows.
Members of the Livewire Opera Company will be travelling to venues across the county to perform classics from shows such as The Gondoliers, The Merry Widow, Fiddler on the Roof, The Gypsy Baron and The Pirates of Penzance.
Under the musical directorship of Susan Booth, the company has grown from small beginnings to performing eight shows a year throughout Norfolk and Suffolk providing light operetta with a touch of Gilbert and Sullivan.
The company has also just secured the rights to perform The Sound of Music in 2013 and has launched a search to find more members who would enjoy taking up the challenge of treading the boards.
Anyone aged 16 or over is welcome to join. For more information, call Susan Booth on 07795143006.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.livewireoperacompany.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 5 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk