Wymondham opera company celebrates 10th anniversary
A Wymondham-based amateur musical theatre company is celebrating its 10th birthday with a tour of songs from its previous shows.
Members of the Livewire Opera Company will be travelling to venues across the county to perform classics from shows such as The Gondoliers, The Merry Widow, Fiddler on the Roof, The Gypsy Baron and The Pirates of Penzance.
Under the musical directorship of Susan Booth, the company has grown from small beginnings to performing eight shows a year throughout Norfolk and Suffolk providing light operetta with a touch of Gilbert and Sullivan.
The company has also just secured the rights to perform The Sound of Music in 2013 and has launched a search to find more members who would enjoy taking up the challenge of treading the boards.
Anyone aged 16 or over is welcome to join. For more information, call Susan Booth on 07795143006.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.livewireoperacompany.co.uk
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 10 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'