Wymondham opera company celebrates 10th anniversary
A Wymondham-based amateur musical theatre company is celebrating its 10th birthday with a tour of songs from its previous shows.
Members of the Livewire Opera Company will be travelling to venues across the county to perform classics from shows such as The Gondoliers, The Merry Widow, Fiddler on the Roof, The Gypsy Baron and The Pirates of Penzance.
Under the musical directorship of Susan Booth, the company has grown from small beginnings to performing eight shows a year throughout Norfolk and Suffolk providing light operetta with a touch of Gilbert and Sullivan.
The company has also just secured the rights to perform The Sound of Music in 2013 and has launched a search to find more members who would enjoy taking up the challenge of treading the boards.
Anyone aged 16 or over is welcome to join. For more information, call Susan Booth on 07795143006.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.livewireoperacompany.co.uk
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?