Discover Norfolk’s ancient woodlands with Wymondham Nature Group
- Credit: Archant
A nature group is to host a talk revealing the secrets of the Norfolk's ancient woodlands.
On Thursday, February 8, Wymondham Nature Group will host a talk from Norfolk Wildlife Trust's woods manager, Steve Collin.
Titled 'Walk in the ancient woods' Mr Collin, will talk about history and management of some of Norfolk's ancients woodlands such as Foxley Wood, Wayland Wood and Ashwellthorpe Wood.
All more than one thousand years old, Mr Collin will explain how each wood has its own characteristic flora such as bluebells, dog's mercury and early purple orchids.
He will describe the centuries-old coppicing techniques and what the future might hold for our ancient woodlands.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will also touch on newer woodlands and the opportunities they offer conservationists.
The talk will begin at 7.30pm in the Town Green Centre, Wymondham. Admission is £2 per person, for more information visit: www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
- 3 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 4 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?