Discover Norfolk’s ancient woodlands with Wymondham Nature Group
- Credit: Archant
A nature group is to host a talk revealing the secrets of the Norfolk's ancient woodlands.
On Thursday, February 8, Wymondham Nature Group will host a talk from Norfolk Wildlife Trust's woods manager, Steve Collin.
Titled 'Walk in the ancient woods' Mr Collin, will talk about history and management of some of Norfolk's ancients woodlands such as Foxley Wood, Wayland Wood and Ashwellthorpe Wood.
All more than one thousand years old, Mr Collin will explain how each wood has its own characteristic flora such as bluebells, dog's mercury and early purple orchids.
He will describe the centuries-old coppicing techniques and what the future might hold for our ancient woodlands.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will also touch on newer woodlands and the opportunities they offer conservationists.
The talk will begin at 7.30pm in the Town Green Centre, Wymondham. Admission is £2 per person, for more information visit: www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide