Discover Norfolk’s ancient woodlands with Wymondham Nature Group
- Credit: Archant
A nature group is to host a talk revealing the secrets of the Norfolk's ancient woodlands.
On Thursday, February 8, Wymondham Nature Group will host a talk from Norfolk Wildlife Trust's woods manager, Steve Collin.
Titled 'Walk in the ancient woods' Mr Collin, will talk about history and management of some of Norfolk's ancients woodlands such as Foxley Wood, Wayland Wood and Ashwellthorpe Wood.
All more than one thousand years old, Mr Collin will explain how each wood has its own characteristic flora such as bluebells, dog's mercury and early purple orchids.
He will describe the centuries-old coppicing techniques and what the future might hold for our ancient woodlands.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will also touch on newer woodlands and the opportunities they offer conservationists.
The talk will begin at 7.30pm in the Town Green Centre, Wymondham. Admission is £2 per person, for more information visit: www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk