Wymondham Nature Group to host bat talk
- Credit: Archant
An illustrated talk at the Town Green Centre, Wymondham, will reveal the behaviours and needs of two prominent Norfolk bat species.
Jane Harris, who will be giving the talk, is involved with two voluntary bat projects in Norfolk and she will be detailing the findings of their respective studies.
The Norfolk Barbastelle Study Group is dedicated to protecting the rare Barbastelle species, which has a stronghold in Norfolk.
The bat has a short, flat, pug-like face and the study group aims to determine which environmental features are important to the species, before taking measures to preserve its habitat.
As part of her work with the Norwich Bat Group, Mrs Harris also studies the Nathusius Pipistrelle. Norfolk is a key area for this species, with the Broads an especially popular destination for this migratory bat.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will take place on Thursday, November 9 at 7.30pm and admission is £2.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead