Surgery reveals scale of no-show appointments in 2019
- Credit: EDP, Archant
A Norfolk medical centre is urging patients to cancel unwanted appointments after revealing the extent of the problem.
Wymondham Medical Centre, on Postmill Close, said in the four months between January and April 2019, there were 839 instances of people failing to attend or cancel their appointment.
It said that this worked out at around 140 hours of wasted GP time.
In a report released by the NHS at the start of the year, it was estimated that each missed appointment costs the service £30.
In a post on the surgery's Facebook page, a spokesman wrote: 'Every missed appointment is an appointment we could have given to someone else.
You may also want to watch:
'We understand that sometimes things happen which are out of your control and can not be avoided but if you know you cannot make an appointment, please cancel it via text response to your text appointment reminder, via your online access, face to face at front reception or via the telephones.'
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter