Surgery reveals scale of no-show appointments in 2019
- Credit: EDP, Archant
A Norfolk medical centre is urging patients to cancel unwanted appointments after revealing the extent of the problem.
Wymondham Medical Centre, on Postmill Close, said in the four months between January and April 2019, there were 839 instances of people failing to attend or cancel their appointment.
It said that this worked out at around 140 hours of wasted GP time.
In a report released by the NHS at the start of the year, it was estimated that each missed appointment costs the service £30.
In a post on the surgery's Facebook page, a spokesman wrote: 'Every missed appointment is an appointment we could have given to someone else.
You may also want to watch:
'We understand that sometimes things happen which are out of your control and can not be avoided but if you know you cannot make an appointment, please cancel it via text response to your text appointment reminder, via your online access, face to face at front reception or via the telephones.'
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
- 2 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 6 Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- 7 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 8 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 9 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job