Wymondham junior school pupils host Abbey concert
Talented singers and musicians from Robert Kett Junior School hosted a magical evening of popular Christmas songs and hymns at Wymondham Abbey.
During the concert, the school's senior choir performed a selection of songs including Diamond Bright, Downtown Bethlehem, Away in a Manager, When a Child is Born, Silent Night and Rocking around the Christmas Tree.
Pupils Laura Clark, Martha Dack and Elle Summers were also brave enough to sing beautiful solos.
Not to be outdone, the young instrumentalists also put in stellar performances including solos from Hannah Walker and Natasha Sharman.
Meanwhile, Year 3 children delighted audiences back at the school with their Christmas Nativity Play which was performed with a modern twist.
You may also want to watch:
While children dressed up in the usual costumes of Mary and Joseph, wisemen, shepherds and angels, the play was also filled with catchy songs and dance moves leaving onlookers tapping their feet.
And to ensure the pupils were ready for their big performance the school hosted an early Christmas dinner complete with roasted turkey and all the trimmings, traditional puddings and crackers on the table.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
Headteacher Malcolm Gray, alongside fellow school staff and governors, treated the youngsters by serving their meals at their tables.