Wymondham junior school pupils host Abbey concert
Talented singers and musicians from Robert Kett Junior School hosted a magical evening of popular Christmas songs and hymns at Wymondham Abbey.
During the concert, the school's senior choir performed a selection of songs including Diamond Bright, Downtown Bethlehem, Away in a Manager, When a Child is Born, Silent Night and Rocking around the Christmas Tree.
Pupils Laura Clark, Martha Dack and Elle Summers were also brave enough to sing beautiful solos.
Not to be outdone, the young instrumentalists also put in stellar performances including solos from Hannah Walker and Natasha Sharman.
Meanwhile, Year 3 children delighted audiences back at the school with their Christmas Nativity Play which was performed with a modern twist.
You may also want to watch:
While children dressed up in the usual costumes of Mary and Joseph, wisemen, shepherds and angels, the play was also filled with catchy songs and dance moves leaving onlookers tapping their feet.
And to ensure the pupils were ready for their big performance the school hosted an early Christmas dinner complete with roasted turkey and all the trimmings, traditional puddings and crackers on the table.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Headteacher Malcolm Gray, alongside fellow school staff and governors, treated the youngsters by serving their meals at their tables.