Wymondham junior school pupils host Abbey concert
Talented singers and musicians from Robert Kett Junior School hosted a magical evening of popular Christmas songs and hymns at Wymondham Abbey.
During the concert, the school's senior choir performed a selection of songs including Diamond Bright, Downtown Bethlehem, Away in a Manager, When a Child is Born, Silent Night and Rocking around the Christmas Tree.
Pupils Laura Clark, Martha Dack and Elle Summers were also brave enough to sing beautiful solos.
Not to be outdone, the young instrumentalists also put in stellar performances including solos from Hannah Walker and Natasha Sharman.
Meanwhile, Year 3 children delighted audiences back at the school with their Christmas Nativity Play which was performed with a modern twist.
You may also want to watch:
While children dressed up in the usual costumes of Mary and Joseph, wisemen, shepherds and angels, the play was also filled with catchy songs and dance moves leaving onlookers tapping their feet.
And to ensure the pupils were ready for their big performance the school hosted an early Christmas dinner complete with roasted turkey and all the trimmings, traditional puddings and crackers on the table.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
Headteacher Malcolm Gray, alongside fellow school staff and governors, treated the youngsters by serving their meals at their tables.