Police and fire crews remain on scene after early hours house blaze
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services remain at the scene after an early hours fire in Wymondham.
Fire crews from Wymondham, Hethersett, Carrow, Earlham Attleborough and Hingham were called at 3.10am on Sunday to a house fire on Damgate Street.
A house has been gutted by fire and Damgate Street has been closed.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said they had alerted the fire service to the blaze at the property.
She said officers are likely to remain on the scene for "a little while longer".
There are also fire crews from Wymondham, Hethersett and Earlham still on scene damping down the building.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said they would not be commenting on the incident.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe